Low Battery Level Warning Function

Reaction score
Am I missing something there. In the Vision+ User manual v1.4 on page 28 of Chapter 5 Low Battery Level Warning Function, Figure 55 depicts the far left 'Red' portion of the bar as 'Sufficient Battery Level' and the far right 'Green' section as 'Critical Low' battery level warning. Shouldn't this be reversed? I would think the far left 'Red' is Critical... not 'Sufficient'...

Also, assuming the far left 'Red' is critical, can we expect the phantom to auto land once the current battery level reaches the Red critical section? I've heard that the Phantom will not autoland until the battery life reaches 15%... Does this low battery level warning bar also provide an indication of when the bird will auto land based on the current battery level reaching the 'Red' section? Page 29 chart identifies the 'Critical Low battery level warning' flight instruction as "The Phantom 2 Vision+ will begin to descend and land automatically"... Does this mean that when the Red is reached, the battery will also be at 15% or less?

Geert said:
The Phantom will start auto descend at the critical level 15% battery left. The led's will flash rapidly red, also on the app. You will hear an audible alarm.
Low level battery is 20% battery left, led's blink red slowly, no audible alarm.
Geert./.

got it thanks!

My audible warning seems to have suddenly disappeared so I was flying at 8% battery ! Low battery warning box in app is checked !
There doesn't seem to be any means of changing warning point levels either...
Any ideas on this ?

<<<Am I missing something there. In the Vision+ User manual v1.4 on page 28 of Chapter 5 Low Battery Level Warning Function, Figure 55 depicts the far left 'Red' portion of the bar as 'Sufficient Battery Level' and the far right 'Green' section as 'Critical Low' battery level warning. Shouldn't this be reversed? I would think the far left 'Red' is Critical... not 'Sufficient'...>>>

:ugeek: Ah so...you discover ancient Chinese trick. Is design to sell many bird to man who rtFm! You must takee many mouse smart pills, you figure out quickly.

morph000 said:
My audible warning seems to have suddenly disappeared so I was flying at 8% battery ! Low battery warning box in app is checked !
There doesn't seem to be any means of changing warning point levels either...
Any ideas on this ?

Actually, the various levels can be adjusted in the Assistants tools. Bit risky though...

singapore_phantom said:
Actually, the various levels can be adjusted in the Assistants tools. Bit risky though...

Not any more. The last update removed this facility.
DJI must have decided that if users could set their own limits, too many would make mistakes.

Update - the critical alert works fine, but the 20% one doesn't.
So..that rules out smartphone issues like volume settings
Battery charges as normal, flight time the same no no issues there.
Uninstalled app, reinstalled, no difference - lost the 30% point !

21/10/14 - both gone now !!
WTF is going on ???
Have totally uninstalled app, cleaned cache,Dalvik cache (DJI),rebooted,reinstalled and configured app and no better.
Will play with other Android apps to see if something's conflicting.

27/10/2014 - ok warnings back now - just a matter of finding out what's caused the issue...

Yes, it's 20% now. With 15% being the level the Phantom initiates auto-land. I still had the 30% in my mind when I heard my first alarm and figured I had 10% points to spare. Within a very short time, however, the copter started auto-landing! I'd just got my quad, so was flying conservatively and as a result, it was near.

Check - 20% and 15%. One mistake I won't be making again.

Whatever it happens to be now - 30% or 20%.whatever the book says,pdf says, latest change makes it...
Bit hard to see in full sun :mrgreen:
How's about a tiny stick on lcd timer for the tx?
Can't find one small enough anywhere...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20