Low Battery Autoland Question

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a PH2 newbie...I flew for approx 20 mins the other day and didn't land when I saw the red lights flashing after approx 15 mins as I wanted to test the autoland procedure. To my knowledge the low battery autoland process is meant to automatically send it to the set height in the software and then return to the home point.

I kept on flying close to the homepoint about 15 feet high with the red lights flashing and when the battery was exhausted it just slowly descended to the ground without flying up to the set height and returning to homepoint?

To confirm...I was told by my dealer that in previous firmware the phantom would descend slowly once it was at a low battery level, BUT in the latest firmware will go to the home point at the low battery level?

Rather than relying on what someone (who may or may not be correct) told you, it would be a good idea to check what DJI says in the manual.
i-zfJFb93-M.jpg

Actually on the battery page, there is a tick box for Low Battery Level Go-Home.

I am looking at the Naza-M settings but I believe it is the same in Phantom mode as I had my phantom shoot up in the air when the battery was low, and then head for home.

Hi Maverick

That's the tick box I was talking about and it definitely worked with mine. It really surprised me as well and I am so glad I was testing without gimbal and camera as it came down quite fast once the battery ran out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj