Low altitude issues

Reaction score
Today I was flying and I had no issues take off to before landing. But as I was landing the controls didn't respond to the direction they were supposed to (forward didn't move forward, backwards didn't move backwards, etc). I confirmed in the flight log that my inputs were correct but the drone didn't fly the right direction. This resulted in a crash which broke the props but no damage to the body of the drone (my first crash after 30+ flights). I flew again with replaced props right afterward to confirm everything was fine and, as before, take off and flight were smooth but during landing it happened again. Luckily I was able to anticipate it better and immediately landed right where it hovered instead of guiding the landing. Any thoughts or concerns? Recalibrated the compass before each flight as well and I'm flying a P3S.

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

Also there was a slight wind the first flight (5-10mph) but in the second flight there was no wind influencing the landing.

I confirmed in the flight log that my inputs were correct but the drone didn't fly the right direction.
Can you show us this?

84adf039e87960d718454c38e5ad1dd7.jpg
ffec39337655f2a0f31a85b29db2462a.jpg
63b3ce2eec84158d94c1a72348ba3ac5.jpg

This is the best I can do. I do it on my iPad so it wouldn't be easy to screen capture it.

Maybe low batt, landing mode + stearing it and wind. Just a guess. Why not just land it your self?

Maybe low batt, landing mode + stearing it and wind. Just a guess. Why not just land it your self?
But the same problem occurred again when I was landing it with no wind and almost triple the amount of battery power remaining. Also, when you're 400ft + high it's a pain to throttle down for like 5+ minutes. I've done it before and never had a problem.

But the same problem occurred again when I was landing it with no wind and almost triple the amount of battery power remaining. Also, when you're 400ft + high it's a pain to throttle down for like 5+ minutes. I've done it before and never had a problem.

Also at 400 ft. The wind is no where near the same as ground level. Even the direction can be different. But long as you landed it safely. That is what matters. For me this is always my concern is the winds at different altitudes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj