low altitude FPV

Reaction score
Any tips for figuring out how to fly FPV at lower altitude? I can't seem to judge distance or height? I keep thinking I'm going to crash into a tree but in reality, it's 50 ft from me. I can't figure out how high I need to climb to cross a high obstacle.

I think it's the nature of the P3 lens?

Any tips for figuring out how to fly FPV at lower altitude? I can't seem to judge distance or height? I keep thinking I'm going to crash into a tree but in reality, it's 50 ft from me. I can't figure out how high I need to climb to cross a high obstacle.

I think it's the nature of the P3 lens?
This is a 94 Deg wide angle,(would be a full frame 17mm or so) the feeling is wider than your 1:1 perception that I compare to a 45mm.Just practice to see how close you can go to things before you hit them... :) If you see a full tree on your FPV, you're still absolutely safe. Actually you can come very close before touching anything. About trees, usually I take a look at what height I estimate they are first and I adjust my flying accordingly. No improvisation. Hope it helps.

Yeah this is a tough one, my suggestion is to get very close line of sight and get used to the screen view relative to actual height. Your confidence and ability will grow. Takes time to nail this stuff.

Also make sure you not having a video delay. I could get very close to objects with my P2 which had a 5.8 vtx system and no lag. Ever since I have been flying the P3 my confidence to get close to objects is not there as what I'm seeing on my screen actually happened half a second ago

Reactions: Bret Lucas

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic