Loving My Vision Again

Reaction score
Got my Vision in January, didnt have the confidence to go high or far, but just whizzed it around taking the odd photo.
Then I got a bit braver and took it further, then the problems started. I kept getting 'Signal Control Lost', and 'Return To Home' messages on the display. I wasnt that far out and luckily the return to home feature worked every time. After these problems I was scared to use it incase it flew away so I just put it in the case where it gathered dust! Basically money down the drain!

Then after speaking to someone on here (thanks again) they suggested replacing the transmitter. So I contacted my dealer who shipped one out to me. Now the last 2 days Ive been using the Vision and taking it further/higher with no problems at all. Had a 'Phantom Connection Broken' message yesterday but I think it was just the extender not facing the Vision properly (I hope). I still brick it taking it higher but Ill get there eventually :)

Anyway, sorry for the long post but Im happy again :p

Took this earlier, the highest Ive gone. Its not great but the confidence & creativity will grow.

tAQHqlz.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
FPVLR said:
you will soon be ready for an antenna upgrade :D

Its tempting, but then I crap myself now when it goes too far. I'd need incontinence pads to take it even further :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Change just one of the internal antennae for a bog standard 2db wifi dipole [ like the one on the back of your router] using a simple and easily available lead, and those dropouts will be a thing of the past. Also, remove the wifi "booster" from the transmitter & put it up on a tripod. You can easily get out to 1+km this way. You have a p3? I get at least 4 km without dropout on the standard gear. Don't panic!

If you are an android user, get the Litchi app and a google cardboard headset. Gives you VR. Makes the pucker factor flights much easier because it never seems far away. You also end up with better control as the view is easier to see. Situational awareness can be compromised though because you only have the view from the camera to work with, so stay well above any possible people.

Its tempting, but then I crap myself now when it goes too far. I'd need incontinence pads to take it even further :)
Look Cy..ya been brought back from da past :eek:
BaHahahaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: Cyclone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic