Love my P3A!

Reaction score
Hi all!

So I got my first quad copter, that cost more than $100, last Saturday October 17th. It is the Phantom 3 Advanced. I was able to fly it that Saturday for about 15 minutes before my 6 year old daughter was bored and wanted to play at the park. So much for three batteries of fly time.
Fast forward almost one week later on Friday October the 23rd I finally got to fly till I used up my batteries, well down to 30% anyway. A co-worker and I went straight from work to the park to put the P3A to the test. I spent almost a week reading forums and watching videos. Some videos were run away P3 videos, crash videos, loss of battery power and some bird attacks haha. For the most part though I watched training videos and read lots of tips and tricks on the forums. I won’t lie, after reading the forums for a week and watching videos I was real nervous about flying my new investment. I am running the latest Iphone 6 OS, 9.1, and all the DJI application and firmware updates.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my P3A was flawless. No loss off video or GPS or anything! Because of all the things I read and watched I spent probably 50% of the time flying ATTI mode just so I knew I could handle it if I lost GPS. I watched one video that taught you how to turn your quad copter around at a far distance. If you push to the left and it goes left then it is facing away and you just keep push left till it quits going left and then it is heading back towards you. That video made such a difference for me. It is so simple but important and I probably would have panicked turning it around when it was a dot in the sky and I had no clue how it was facing, besides looking on the HUD and the arrow ha. I spent some time in ATTI mode drifting with the wind. How cool!! In ATTI mode I also hit 50mph flying down wind. WOW!

Cheers,
Garrett

Last edited:
** WARNING TLDR **

Hi all!
So I got my first quad copter, that cost more than $100, last Saturday October 17th. It is the Phantom 3 Advanced. I was able to fly it that Saturday for about 15 minutes before my 6 year old daughter was bored and wanted to play at the park. So much for three batteries of fly time.
Fast forward almost one week later on Friday October the 23rd I finally got to fly till I used up my batteries, well down to 30% anyway. A co-worker and I went straight from work to the park to put the P3A to the test. I spent almost a week reading forums and watching videos. Some videos were run away P3 videos, crash videos, loss of battery power and some bird attacks haha. For the most part though I watched training videos and read lots of tips and tricks on the forums. I won’t lie, after reading the forums for a week and watching videos I was real nervous about flying my new investment. I am running the latest Iphone 6 OS, 9.1, and all the DJI application and firmware updates.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my P3A was flawless. No loss off video or GPS or anything! Because of all the things I read and watched I spent probably 50% of the time flying ATTI mode just so I knew I could handle it if I lost GPS. I watched one video that taught you how to turn your quad copter around at a far distance. If you push to the left and it goes left then it is facing away and you just keep push left till it quits going left and then it is heading back towards you. That video made such a difference for me. It is so simple but important and I probably would have panicked turning it around when it was a dot in the sky and I had no clue how it was facing, besides looking on the HUD and the arrow ha. I spent some time in ATTI mode drifting with the wind. How cool!! In ATTI mode I also hit 50mph flying down wind. WOW!
I recorded everything on each battery and here is one that will probably make you sick but I had a great time. I don’t think I’ve had that much fun with a “toy” since I was a kid, I’m 43. I can’t wait to fly again. I’d like to thank everyone for all the great information on this forum and DJI for such a well put together product.

Cheers,
Garrett

Here is some video from one of my flights today.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your P3A. I have had my P3P since May and have enjoyed many hours of flying time. The only mishap I have had was because I wasn't paying attention. I only broke the gimbal plate, cheap easy fix. Fly safe and have lots of fun.

Thanks Bigskyflyer. I hope to avoid things I can prevent. Nobody is perfect though and neither are computers since we write their code. haha

Thanks Bigskyflyer. I hope to avoid things I can prevent. Nobody is perfect though and neither are computers since we write their code. haha
By the way welcome to the forum Garret. You mentioned you were 43, well I am 54 and every time I fly this thing I feel like a 6 year old walking out of candy store with an arm full of free candy. This technology is amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31