Love flying this thing...

Reaction score
I had a lot of problems with my P3P at first but today took it up and flew it out 4820ft today and didn't even lose one bar. Now you have to remember I had a standard before this. I was getting nervous when out this far so I brought it back. I think I could have went out twice as far but I was scared....:) I fixed the stress crack issue with a new frame and did mods to make it better than ever so I am really happy with my P3P now. Don't get me wrong DJI should be ashamed putting out a awesome product but not making a good shell to hold in this killer technology.............I feel for the people that have to go through this and deal with DJI.....

Reactions: Paul A Byers
I had a lot of problems with my P3P at first but today took it up and flew it out 4820ft today and didn't even lose one bar. Now you have to remember I had a standard before this. I was getting nervous when out this far so I brought it back. I think I could have went out twice as far but I was scared....:) I fixed the stress crack issue with a new frame and did mods to make it better than ever so I am really happy with my P3P now. Don't get me wrong DJI should be ashamed putting out a awesome product but not making a good shell to hold in this killer technology.............I feel for the people that have to go through this and deal with DJI.....
What kind of antenna if all do you have or is it stock?
Paul

What mod did you do with your shell?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I filled the voids where the motors are mounted to (the bottom half) with plastic epoxy to strengthen up that area where a lot of people are having stress cracks around the screws.
I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think that will help. The issue relates to the injection moulding material, the spread density of that plastic when liquidfied and bubbles that can form inside the plastic itself when in that liquified state. Shoving another material on top won't make any difference; if the shell plastic is inherently weak in that area, a crack can still form - doesn't mean it will though - but it is always more prone to happen where the plastic is at its thinnest.

Last edited:
Is this still an issue for recently purchased P3P? I bought my quad a couple of months back and curious if this something I need to be concerned with.

I recently replaced the shell on my pro due to a crash. When comparing the new replacement with the old there were a few mods in the motor supports . Weighed a few grams more too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think that will help. The issue relates to the injection moulding material, the spread density of that plastic when liquidfied and bubbles that can form inside the plastic itself when in that liquified state. Shoving another material on top won't make any difference; if the shell plastic is inherently weak in that area, a crack can still form - doesn't mean it will though - but it is always more prone to happen where the plastic is at its thinnest.
Well its a gen2 frame with added support (in my opinion) If it happens after this than all I can say is I gave it a try.......Its better than screwing on a plastic or metal motor plate IMO..

Well its a gen2 frame with added support (in my opinion) If it happens after this than all I can say is I gave it a try.......Its better than screwing on a plastic or metal motor plate IMO..
Yep, it'll do no harm, that's for sure. And I agree with you on the plates too.

Reactions: jnix

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic