P3 Firmware LOST!

Reaction score
Happy 4th to one and all,

I’m trying to load a version of the GO program to a RCA tablet running 4.4.2 Android…………………..I’m getting nowhere fast. Google store is telling me that it is not compatible with this version??? Since I don’t have my Phantom 4 yet, I am wondering if I need a new tablet? Can anyone help, I’m lost?

Bill

Reactions: kinsey
Happy 4th to one and all,

I’m trying to load a version of the GO program to a RCA tablet running 4.4.2 Android…………………..I’m getting nowhere fast. Google store is telling me that it is not compatible with this version??? Since I don’t have my Phantom 4 yet, I am wondering if I need a new tablet? Can anyone help, I’m lost?

Bill
Have a look here. Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

Im going to venture to say that you will need a new tablet. But the play store says it works on Android 4.1 and up. But heres the deal whats the model of that RCA tablet? Spec wise it might not be able to run anyway and likely its saying that because the video or CPU is out of spec.DJI GO app uses a lot of video and cpu processing power to render that live image. I was running a Nexus 7 second gen, and it eventually because too slow for the live video feed to keep up. If you want a good affordable but powerful tablet, get a NVIDIA Shield K1. Its 199.00 and plenty powerful, plus has an HDMI out for screen mirroring (or goggles if you'd like). Had no issues with it.

Hi Kinsey and Mike Dula,

I hope you gentlemen are having a great Holiday. After re-reading both of your messages I’m afraid I must go with Mike’s suggestion. It seems that the RCA does not have enough power to even warrant a load up. However, I was able to load it on to a IPad 3 running 9.3.2.

From this point on I don’t think I can open the program further to learn more without having a Phantom 4 hooked up to it. I can’t seem to get into the actual flight screen that I see on YouTube. So I won’t be able to tell just how much live video it can except when flying. In the end I might have to take Mikes full recommendation and spring for a whole new system too boot! I’m kind of working in the dark here, not actually having a unit yet but I am trying to learn and gather as much information as I possibly can to smooth things out. I’m sure you guys understand; it’s like being a little kid at Christmas type of thing!

Many thanks and I’ll keep posting as to my success.

Bill

Happy holiday's to you db1433. If you look at the spec on the NVIDIA Shield K1 it is very good and would be well suited to the phantom 4 must agree with that.

Reactions: Zeprider
Happy holiday's to you db1433. If you look at the spec on the NVIDIA Shield K1 it is very good and would be well suited to the phantom 4 must agree with that.

Hi Kinsey,checked it out on amazon, $ 200, sound right? I'm still hoping for Good Luck with wife's I Pad. If not .......................
DJI instructions say load, I did but did not get to see flight screen 1st hand???? thinking this does not show up until actually connect to bird, correct?

best wishes and thanks again
for your return,

Bill

I had that happen on a rca pro10 tablet..said it was not compatible. ..then i tried a month later and it let me install it..i have it on there but never tried it

Yep. Been using the K1, and like it. Ideally a new ipad would be best, but I already like android tablets and it fit the bill. Good luck! let us know!

Reactions: Zeprider
Sorry, forgot to mention. Yes the tablet is 199 on amazon. Does not come with a changer or cable but any micro USB cable / power block will work. The app should come up, and say not connected or similar...you wont see a live view until the bird is on sice its getting the live view from the camera on it.

I had that issue on a galaxy tab 3. You can still install it, just not directly from the play store. I had to download the program manually, then turn off the security setting to allow 'third party apps' or whatever it's called. Then once I got it all working I didn't like the speed/display of the tab 3, and never used it lol.

I don't think the Asus Zen pad is listed on the site as a "preffered android tablet", but, let me tell you it works very well, no lag at all, great image & only complains if I run the Litchi app. for more than 15-18 minutes.
At that point, I have to shut it down, refire the tablet, unplug the USB cable, count off 5 steamboats, plug cable in & I;m away again! ($140 bucks at B.Buy)

K1

:sunglasses:

Hi Kinsey,checked it out on amazon, $ 200, sound right? I'm still hoping for Good Luck with wife's I Pad. If not .......................
DJI instructions say load, I did but did not get to see flight screen 1st hand???? thinking this does not show up until actually connect to bird, correct?

best wishes and thanks again
for your return,

Bill
Hi Bill yeah that sounds about right you could also buy a used one off eBay in great condition for less if you use this. I got a fantastic used ipad mini 3 off there when it came you would have thought it had never been used as it still looked like new so well pleased. All the best.

Hi Bill yeah that sounds about right you could also buy a used one off eBay in great condition for less if you use this. I got a fantastic used ipad mini 3 off there when it came you would have thought it had never been used as it still looked like new so well pleased. All the best.

Good Day To All,

Before I go any further let me thank all of you for your time and extra help; I can use every bit of it. Pleas don’t not think I know anything about drones……..I do Not! Anything that may come to mind, please do not hesitate to mention it. I have no one close at hand that can help me and so I must rely on you folks until I can get my hands on the unit itself. I’m trying to work along with the “UAV” coach and viewing all YouTube information available.

As it is so far, I think I am already jammed up. If the remarks made by Mike are correct, the IPad I am trying to use will not work either because all I see is a blank white screen with the blue DJI logo in the middle of it. Clicking on it does not register anything. As Mike said, I should at least see something relating to connection or hook up prompt, nothing just the blank screen? With this being the case, it may be a bit longer until I can get the bird because I have to wait on buying a new tablet.

Regards To All,

Bill

I have only just started with my first ever drone phantom 3A and I am still learning but getting better every day it's like anything you learn Bill just takes time. I watched a lot of you tube video's before I got mine, The one I learned a lot from is from a person called TOMS TECH TIME on you tube he is very easy to follow and he is also on Facebook check him out bud.

Good Day To All,

Before I go any further let me thank all of you for your time and extra help; I can use every bit of it. Pleas don’t not think I know anything about drones……..I do Not! Anything that may come to mind, please do not hesitate to mention it. I have no one close at hand that can help me and so I must rely on you folks until I can get my hands on the unit itself. I’m trying to work along with the “UAV” coach and viewing all YouTube information available.

As it is so far, I think I am already jammed up. If the remarks made by Mike are correct, the IPad I am trying to use will not work either because all I see is a blank white screen with the blue DJI logo in the middle of it. Clicking on it does not register anything. As Mike said, I should at least see something relating to connection or hook up prompt, nothing just the blank screen? With this being the case, it may be a bit longer until I can get the bird because I have to wait on buying a new tablet.

Regards To All,

Bill

Good Morning Kinsey,

Yes, I figured something like that. With all the concerns over software and we haven’t even gotten to the flying yet, guess I am just getting a bit anxious. Like I said before, like a little kid on Christmas eve. <G> Going over to check Ebay out, I might get lucky????

Bill

It was like 4 weeks of learning before I got to fly Bill ;)

Hi Kinsey,

You see my point. Don’t know where your located but I am in North Eastern Pa and all I can think of now is all of the terrific flying time I am missing with this beautiful weather we having. I’m thinking that in a few months it will be back to the ice and snow! Just got back from Ebay and nothing good to report there either. Most of their pricing is above Amazon prices, so it looks as though I have to cool my heels a bit.

Bill

Hi Bill it says under my profile picture I am in the uk. I know what you mean bud same here we have had loads of rain of late and this is our summer time lol. You will get there in the end bud you will get all you need for your drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj