Lost video signal

Reaction score
I have the P4P Obsidian, and the GO4 app on my IPad Air. For some reason it seams that my video link does not keep up with my video. As I am flying the video feed to my controller freezes for short periods of time. When I down load the SD card there is no breaks in recording, just while I am flying. This concerns me for a couple reasons, one of coarse is because I can not tell what the drone is doing during that time, the other is I have no idea if I actually have control of the drone or if it is just continuing it's flight direction by itself. This happens quite often several times each flight. Anyone have any ideas on what might be the cause and the cure!

I have the P4P Obsidian, and the GO4 app on my IPad Air. For some reason it seams that my video link does not keep up with my video. As I am flying the video feed to my controller freezes for short periods of time. When I down load the SD card there is no breaks in recording, just while I am flying. This concerns me for a couple reasons, one of coarse is because I can not tell what the drone is doing during that time, the other is I have no idea if I actually have control of the drone or if it is just continuing it's flight direction by itself. This happens quite often several times each flight. Anyone have any ideas on what might be the cause and the cure!
If you are talking about a gen 1 iPad Air (2013), I’d suspect that it’s overloaded and that could be one reason you’re seeing downlink video lagging and freezing.

Last edited:
I have an ipad air with no video problems. Most likely it is your lighting cable. Do make sure cash is not full. That can cause problems. I get a warning from the app when it is full.

Reactions: Capt KO
It is only the video signal (downlink) that is interrupted. The command signal (uplink) is OK and you have full control all the time.
As being said the most likely reason is the mobile device or the cable.

Reactions: Capt KO
Signal interference is also suggested. Are there trees, tall buildings, hills etc near your sight lines to the drone? Are their lots of WiFi signals competing. With yours near the drone? Start with the environmental variables first, and then focus on hardware.

Reactions: UFOCOWBOY
I will double check the cable and maybe reinstall the App. Thanks, The I pad is not a year old and the problem started about 3 months ago and seams to slow
Signal interference is also suggested. Are there trees, tall buildings, hills etc near your sight lines to the drone? Are their lots of WiFi signals competing. With yours near the drone? Start with the environmental variables first, and then focus on hardware.
I'mm in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Over crowded cell signals is definitely not a problem, nor are tall buildings, however however trees are tough to get away from. Most of my job with my drone is doing real estate videos of vacant, wooded land!

You need a recent-ish iPad, 2018 or newer, and also make sure the radio (HD) in DJI Go 4 is on Auto. You should be able to switch between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, the latter oftentimes has less interference. Your remote control antennas should be pointing vertically (parallel to the P4's antennas which are mounted vertically in the landing gear) when flying, and NOT pointing at the drone. Any or all of these may be a factor in video glitches and "flyaways".

You need a recent-ish iPad, 2018 or newer, and also make sure the radio (HD) in DJI Go 4 is on Auto. You should be able to switch between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, the latter oftentimes has less interference. Your remote control antennas should be pointing vertically (parallel to the P4's antennas which are mounted vertically in the landing gear) when flying, and NOT pointing at the drone. Any or all of these may be a factor in video glitches and "flyaways".
Thanks for the advice, I will check your suggestions, I repurchased my IPad in 2018 so that could be a problem, I have been thinking about switching to android, any thoughts?

I've been going through the same issue with my P4p and iPad Mini 4. I have turned off the cache recording in GO4 and cleared the cache. I also restarted my iPad which I hadn't done in quite some time. It seems to be working better for the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik