Lost Video signal for most of the flight today.

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post as a P3P owner, been quite while since I was last here. Wondering if any wise person could explain why things went the way they did today:

I was flying out at some cliffs by the sea, when I got almost a mile away, my P3P became obscured by the cliffs and signal started to diminish. I climbed and turned back towards my position but RC and video signal didn't recover causing video to disappear and RTH to kick in. Fair enough as I was a good distance and with obstructions but even when RTH had brought the craft right back to me and there was a clear line of sight to it, I had no video signal despite it being a mere 51 ft from me. The app claimed to have full HD signal but as you can see from the attached picture, this wasn't the case.

sig loss.png

I minimised the app (not a reboot) and when I brought it back up again, the display came back a few seconds later. I'm not 100% sure this actually influenced the restoration of the display signal or if it was just coincidence. Anyone else experienced this?

I've had my signal go out on me when only around a thousand or so feet without any obstruction in the way. It will just pop up signal is lost and that will be it. The app will close and restart and seconds later the video will come back. But once it never came back and I had to manually fly it back which took some time to figure out (idk why I just didn't hit RTH, don't ask). I think it was because my Nexus 7 was overheating and the app just went down taking the video first with it.

Off topic but how do you get the map in the bottom right w the horizon in the left?

Here is a clip that may help.

Hi all,

First post as a P3P owner, been quite while since I was last here. Wondering if any wise person could explain why things went the way they did today:

I was flying out at some cliffs by the sea, when I got almost a mile away, my P3P became obscured by the cliffs and signal started to diminish. I climbed and turned back towards my position but RC and video signal didn't recover causing video to disappear and RTH to kick in. Fair enough as I was a good distance and with obstructions but even when RTH had brought the craft right back to me and there was a clear line of sight to it, I had no video signal despite it being a mere 51 ft from me. The app claimed to have full HD signal but as you can see from the attached picture, this wasn't the case.

View attachment 32405

I minimised the app (not a reboot) and when I brought it back up again, the display came back a few seconds later. I'm not 100% sure this actually influenced the restoration of the display signal or if it was just coincidence. Anyone else experienced this?
It happens to me quite often with my nexus 7 i just close the app down re open it and it is fine i think there is a problem with the 2.20 version of dji go app with lost signal etc a tip i have read about claims if you clear the video cache that can help.

i found that deleting and reinstall DJI app helps. Some people have been recommending it i never thought it would work but tried it last. Problems with lost video and lag all disappeared. video is now silky smooth with no interruptions.

i had video caching turned on before now i turn it off too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20