Lost video signal and flight log

Reaction score
During a flight yesterday i lost the video signal to my P3A the DJI Go screen on ipad also said disconnected and i had to bring the phantom home using the RTH button on the remote.
When i look at the flight log for the flight it all seems good but the log ends at the point where i lost video signal and does not show it returning home. Is this normal or what could have happened. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, that's normal. Data is only written to the TXT flight log while the downlink is connected.

Thanks for your reply.
Does that mean that i had also lost transmitter control and the craft returned because of this or was it me pressing the RTH button that started the RTH.

The remote controller could have still been connected when the downlink was lost. The flight log data stored on your Phantom's internal memory card might specify which of the two initiated the RTH. I've never tried digging into that data in detail, so I'm not sure if that action specifies the initiator in the log.

Thanks
So when the DJI GO app shows disconnected it means the video downlink and not the remote controller.

That's correct.

Reactions: Cuckaburra
Is it strange that the video siginal did not return when the craft returned closer or even home and only connect again after shutting down and restarting everything. Thanks for your help

Is it strange that the video siginal did not return when the craft returned closer or even home and only connect again after shutting down and restarting everything. Thanks for your help
Hi na its normal shouldent happen at al ,,seems this happening to lots of us with all different phantoms,,,DJ needs to pull finger out and give a proper firmware update that works for all,,goodluck out there,,happy flights;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Flying an accident site and lost video transmission while within 100 feet of P3P and 30 feet high. Continued to fly based on visual with craft. Video on RC goes bad where I got the error, but the SD card had the whole scene sequence from start to finish. Shut down and restarted for next sequence and it performed flawlessly. Gremlins I guess.

App saying "disconnected" usually refers to connection between app and RC. App usually says "low signal" when RC lost connection with AC. You can demonstrate that by powering off the AC while RC is on and still connected to the app.
At least that goes for the P3A/P. The standard works a bit different from what I gather, being the app connects by Wi-Fi and no lightbridge.

Tengo una pregunta tengo la app litchi. ¿Si se pierde la señal el pajaro vuelve a casa como lo hace en la app dji go?

It was my first flight using a new genuine DJI usb to lightning lead between the RC and the ipad air 2. Could this have been what caused the connection to fail.

App saying "disconnected" usually refers to connection between app and RC. App usually says "low signal" when RC lost connection with AC. You can demonstrate that by powering off the AC while RC is on and still connected to the app.
At least that goes for the P3A/P. The standard works a bit different from what I gather, being the app connects by Wi-Fi and no lightbridge.

I tired that yesterday as I'm having issues where I lose video and the app says aircraft disconnected.I powered the ac off once it was all booted up, and the app said aircraft disconnect but yet it still shows full rc signal.seems to be a flaw in the software somewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic