Lost transmission

Reaction score
I was flying my P4p today in 23 degrees Ferinhight weather when I lost video transmission, this happened to me once before in colder weather. Is there something wrong with my drone or is there a setting I should look at? I was no more than 800 or 1000 ft from my home point. Any Ideas would help as I use my drone for income doing real estate videos in Michigans Upper Peninsula.
TIA

I was flying my P4p today in 23 degrees Ferinhight weather when I lost video transmission, this happened to me once before in colder weather. Is there something wrong with my drone or is there a setting I should look at? I was no more than 800 or 1000 ft from my home point. Any Ideas would help as I use my drone for income doing real estate videos in Michigans Upper Peninsula.
TIA
Did you have to have it towed home? :rolleyes:

Does the video come back on when you get closer, or do you have to restart it?

Does it actually say lost video transmission?

Rod

TIA
Lost transmission meaning live view.you could check under HD channel transmission, you will need to select custom to change channel or can try a relink of ac with rc to make sure of good conection

Reactions: RodPad
It was just video transmission, I could still operate the drone. The signal would come back on after a few seconds then go out again.
As I said I was only a few hundred feet out, I have been over a mile out before and never lost my video feed.
After I posted this I read where someone had a similar problem, they were saying something about using a different channel for my video feed.

I wouldn't think at that temperature it would be factor unless there is a board problem (Making it sensitive to temperature changes). Since it comes back when getting closer to you maybe it is a connection problem to an antenna?

Rod

I think I figured out the problem, I may have not had the remote pointed at the drone, I was standing on the tailgate of my truck and had the remote sitting on my cap pointed away from the drone. I do not know if that might have been the problem!

I think I figured out the problem, I may have not had the remote pointed at the drone, I was standing on the tailgate of my truck and had the remote sitting on my cap pointed away from the drone. I do not know if that might have been the problem!
I have lost GPS connection in open fields no power lines , nothing , it just goes in and out at will no warning , screen just says att mode, any advise ?

Standing on the tailgate?

Does cap mean cab?

Being close to metals like this can and will cause problems with the Phantoms compass calibration.

Have you every calibrated the Phantom compass close to metal objects like this?
If so I pretty sure I know which way it went.

Fly away

But we need the flight log... ;)

Rod

Reactions: dronesky
Standing on the tailgate?

Does cap mean cab?

Being close to metals like this can and will cause problems with the Phantoms compass calibration.

Have you every calibrated the Phantom compass close to metal objects like this?
If so I pretty sure I know which way it went.

Fly away

But we need the flight log... ;)

Rod
Yeah that's what it looks like to me metal can & will cause problems for sure

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic