Lost stability and lack of power

Reaction score
Tonight when I went to fly, my standard kept acting like it had no power. I did the auto takeoff and it barely went 1 foot up. When I raised it up it kept acting like it was having a hard time maintaining altitude. Kept wanting to drop. I had 10 satalites, calibrated it before I lifted off and had fully charged batteries. Any idea what could be going on? I did a IMU calibration and tried again with the same issue. Only went up a foot then dropped down and flipped over.

Have you tried another battery and/or checked the individual cell voltages of the battery you have been using? Sounds like a possible low voltage situation. Maybe not enough to trigger a bad cell warning, but bad enough to create a low voltage issue.

If the battery/ies checks out then it could possibly be ozidation on the battery blades, drone contacts or even internally.

Be aware.. voltages may appear to be sufficient, but there may be just enough resistance that your P3 is not able to pull enough current under a load. You will want to watch the individual cell levels as your drone motors spin up and holding at a low hover.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20