Lost some control in flight

Reaction score
I was flying this morning with very little wind, about 5 mph. Bird would not hover, and while trying to figure that out, as the battery was running low, I lost the ability to descend. All other controls worked and I was able to guide her over the softest surface around. I got her down to about twenty feet by drifting back and forth like a leaf falling. Then the battery quit and she fell. No obvious structural damage but I'm afraid to take her back up before finding a solution to the descent issue. Any ideas where to start?
Thanks!

Sounds like low battery RTH initiated, and it tried to rise to set height, while you were fighting it to land, it was trying to reach set height, before landing, but battery was exhausted!

Not sure if you have low battery RTH enabled, but sounds like a similar issue I had in the past with a faulty battery. Not sure?

I was flying ( 100% ) battery, flew great with no issues, got to about 72-75% battery, then jumped to 7%, phantom shot straight up to 100 feet, and stopped ( scared the lights out of me ) I was pulling down on the stick, but it kept going up, once it hit 100 feet and stopped, it started slowly descending then I realized battery was at 7%, and low battery RTH was initiated!it did land really close to take off point ( home point ).

Let us know if this is a possibility, or is there a bigger problem?

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub