Lost signal when im trying to record

Well I'm new this is my first drone I'm sure there is something wrong with I make sure to have the Last updated in the aircraft and the remote I got the Imu calibration the gimbal calibration everything set and is working fine but when I'm trying to make a video the aircraft lost the signal at first I thought was for the altitude but I flown less then 40 ft and still do the same thing I turned off the wi fi in my divice to avoid interference and still losing signal the the only thing that I can do is flying around and take pictures when I hit the record bottom in less than 5 second the aircraft in the app said lost signal and ask me if I want to return home

Well I'm new this is my first drone I'm sure there is something wrong with I make sure to have the Last updated in the aircraft and the remote I got the Imu calibration the gimbal calibration everything set and is working fine but when I'm trying to make a video the aircraft lost the signal at first I thought was for the altitude but I flown less then 40 ft and still do the same thing I turned off the wi fi in my divice to avoid interference and still losing signal the the only thing that I can do is flying around and take pictures when I hit the record bottom in less than 5 second the aircraft in the app said lost signal and ask me if I want to return home
did you try to format the SD card from the app? Might help

Yes... if you have the latest version... this may be causing the issue??

This really isn't good insight. There are 10s of thousands, if not 100s of thousands running on the current version of software without issues. The problem is that the descriptions you offer doesn't really provide enough detail yet...so some might just grasp at straws. People will try to help you though...it just make take some more detail. I'm guessing English isn't your first language...no harm in fully describing your issue in your native language. Pretty good chances someone can respond in kind.

Baring that...if video is immediately causing a RTH scenario, it is likely your phone, or your cable, or your controller. Prior to trying a new display device, try replacing your cable (video communication is much more intensive then photo). A bad cable can create many issues, and they will show more readily during video.

If you are in a hot location...try cooling your display device. Many unsupported and some supported devices overheat quickly...causing lag issues (although I've not seen disconnect issues). Video processing is more intensive, hence more heat producing. And yes, it affects your device, because although he video is stored on the Phantoms memory card, a low res copy is stored on your phone. Next turn on/off hardware decode. Place a wet paper towel under your device...if the disconnect is delayed, it may be a heat issue. (It'll help us if you specify your current display device).

Also just as housekeeping suggestions, ensure you've turned off your wifi, and close all applications on your display device. There may be more suggestions when you tell us what display device OS versions you're using.

Give us the details of your phone, your cable, and exact messages you see when you try the above, and we might be able to help you narrow it down.

So you just tried to switch from camera to video and you lost signal completely, or just FPV feed? I gather if it asked you to RTH it's just the video feed.

I've had the same thing a couple of times. Only way to fix it has been to restart the RC controller quickly - in the meantime your drone will RTH but reconnect once your RC reinitializes. Alternatively land the craft manually.

Only started happening since the last f/w or app upgrade and I've seen others reporting it and I believe DJI is aware of the issue.

Aside from swapping the cable (a doubtful fix) there's probably not a lot you can do. You can try testing with a different device, otherwise you'll probably have to wait for a firmware/app upgrade an just be wary until then.

What phone do you use?

I will do everything you said and I' sorry about my English you are right is not my first language I'm trying really hard to express my self but I will fallow intrusions I will change the cable and try with another device and let them know what happened thanks you all for helping me with this problem

About the heat of where I life I hot in here I'm. From Puerto Rico is almost like Florida temperature in summer but I always fly at night that is not that hot

Been to San Juan before, beautiful place. Although the cable is an unlikely culprit, it's a less expensive place to start then a new display device. Are you using the cable that came with the Phantom? If not, try that. If so, swap it out.

To understand your issue...are you saying your bird flys fine while in Photo mode. Then you switch it to Video mode, and as soon as you press record, within 5 seconds you get a disconnect error and it asks if you wish to return to home? Is that correct? It always does this as soon as you hit record? Is this what you are experiencing? If not can you be a bit more descriptive.

If you do choose to try a new display device, be sure to synch your flight log to the cloud prior to switching devices. This will ensure you don't lose your flight records. You just go to User Center on main screen, hit the flight records button (middle button on bottom), and hit the cloud in upper right. This way you can borrow someone's display device, test it out...and then switch back if needs be...while maintaining all your flight records.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.