Lost SD card in flight!...Nevermind, I found it!

Reaction score
I was testing a new tablet today and basically flying over my property for about 4 minutes. I was not recording any video. Toward the end of the flight I noticed a message on screen "No Memory /SD Card" something like that. When I landed my SD card was gone! Apparently I must of not had the SD card fully seated. My question, Is there anyway to tell from DJI app, logs or healthydrone when the SD fell out during the flight? I know it will be like finding a needle in a hay stack! It would help if I could narrow it down to where the Phantom 3 Standard was when I lost the SD card. Fortunately I had backed up most the video that was on the SD card....thanks!

Reactions: kbtrade
I was testing a new tablet today and basically flying over my property for about 4 minutes. I was not recording any video. Toward the end of the flight I noticed a message on screen "No Memory /SD Card" something like that. When I landed my SD card was gone! Apparently I must of not had the SD card fully seated. My question, Is there anyway to tell from DJI app, logs or healthydrone when the SD fell out during the flight? I know it will be like finding a needle in a hay stack! It would help if I could narrow it down to where the Phantom 3 Standard was when I lost the SD card. Fortunately I had backed up most the video that was on the SD card....thanks!
Wow, that would suck, trying playing back your flight on your mobile, other than that?
Future would be if you were running a screen recorder, then you could see when the message appeared, but as soon it lost contact, the message would display, but how long would it take to actually fall from the craft.
I am going to re-pursue glow in the dark products.

The only thing I can say is IF it were fully seated maybe there is a log when it was ejected. But if it wasn't fully seated it probably wouldn't know it was ejected.

Actually I would check the areas you were previously since it probably didn't bounce out of the bird since that part is upright, unless you were looking down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think he would have seen a notice that there was no SD card at take off? If not then yeah I could be still in his house.

Happy news! I was having a senior moment! Last night I removed the SD card from the drone and put it in the computer..lol When I flew this morning I forgot to put it back in. I guess the No SD card message was there the whole time, I was having a hard time seeing the screen in the bright sunlight! Thanks for the help anyway! :)

I wish they had used the regular sized SD card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4