Lost phantom. Need your help

Reaction score
I was circling around some wooded area and clipped the sun and lost visual. At same time lost video reception. Couldn't find it or hear it due to wind. Got desperate and turn off receiver which still did not get unit to come home. The "where's my phantom" show it nearly in front me in some wooded area but I was unable to find it. Does the pin representing where the Phantom is show where its located at the tip of the pin or in the circled area at the top of the bulb? Despite being all around it I was unable to find it. How likely is it to be stuck in a tree somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not familiar with Phantom 2, but Phantom 3 DJI app records flight data.. Try to find flight log in DJI app and view log.. Scrub to end of flight and see where it was last seen..

Anyone know if the wheres my phantom app shows exactly where it is or is it possible just the last recorded position?

I was circling around some wooded area and clipped the sun and lost visual. At same time lost video reception. Couldn't find it or hear it due to wind. Got desperate and turn off receiver which still did not get unit to come home. The "where's my phantom" show it nearly in front me in some wooded area but I was unable to find it. Does the pin representing where the Phantom is show where its located at the tip of the pin or in the circled area at the top of the bulb? Despite being all around it I was unable to find it. How likely is it to be stuck in a tree somewhere?

as far as tree catching your phantom, very likely if wooded area, lots of things on quad to catch a branch.
sorry for your loss , hopefully you will recover it.

Google

I don't know any technical things with computer programs. Can I recover data from the dgi go app that would help any or will that data only reflect what I seen on the map showing its location?

I don't know any technical things with computer programs. Can I recover data from the dgi go app that would help any or will that data only reflect what I seen on the map showing its location?

is this a vision 2 plus or a phantom 3?
you are in vision 2 forum but mention dji go app....

dji go app is for p3

phantom 2 vision app offers only find my phantom , no other info.
how much battery wa left after you lost site of it? that may tell how far it MAY have gone.

good luck

Sorry. I meant vision app. I was testing a battery that I was attempting to correct the life of. It was giving me all types of flight time. From full 16 minds then dropped to critical in minutes then starting counting up giving me more time as time went on them down to zero again. Not sure how much time I had or why RTH was triggered. I only had it up for a few minutes then lost connection and video

Sorry. I meant vision app. I was testing a battery that I was attempting to correct the life of. It was giving me all types of flight time. From full 16 minds then dropped to critical in minutes then starting counting up giving me more time as time went on them down to zero again. Not sure how much time I had or why RTH was triggered. I only had it up for a few minutes then lost connection and video

vision app only shows spot of last gps contact, so if you lost that it wont help much.
assomeone mentioned trying to follow its last known path is best hope

hopefully someone finds it and posts it locally.

good luck!

Okay I think I know why I lost the Phantom. The default setting when lost signal or return to home is 66 feet. Some of the trees that are further out are taller than 66 feet so I was flying at 80 -100 feet to clear them In the case of lost signal or i press to return the home and I was at 100 feet would the phantom lower itself to 66 feet to fly home thus crashing into the trees?

Last edited:
Ok that rules that out.

not necessarily, the altitude variation can easily be + or - 30-60 foot maybe more.
I set my for 50m, no harm up there mostly and even if way off alt I should be ok
elevation is our friend mostly!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl