Lost P3 pro

Reaction score
After only having my p3p for 6 days it is lost. I was flying last evening, still plenty of daylight when I got about 1400 feet away I got a weak transmission warning and the screen fluttered. I quickly aimed it back at my house and then it said signal lost. I had approximately 50% battery life left at that point. The RTH button resulted in nothing and it never came back. I think the RTH altitude was set for 30 feet and that would have likely made it crash into some woods had it been trying to come back. It was 94 feet when I lost signal. I briefly searched the area but it most likely went down in a soybean field or crashed into a tree. Is there anyway to track with lat and longitude? Any help here would be appreciated.

The RTH button resulted in nothing and it never came back.
The RTH button will do nothing once your remote controller is no longer connected to your Phantom.

I think the RTH altitude was set for 30 feet and that would have likely made it crash into some woods had it been trying to come back. It was 94 feet when I lost signal.
If the RTH altitude was set to to 30 feet and your Phantom was at 94 feet, it would have returned to home at 94 feet. The RTH altitude is only used if your Phantom is below that altitude.

Is there anyway to track with lat and longitude? Any help here would be appreciated.
It would be easy to find if you had a GPS tracker attached. If not, the best you could do it search around the area where the remote controller lost connection. If the home point was marked correctly before take off, then you should also look around any obstacles that were between you and your Phantom and higher than 94 feet. Your Phantom most likely crashed there as it was trying to return home.

Reactions: iquadtography
That sucks, should have RTH on it's own after losing signal given it didn't crash due to height issue

Aren't there log files in the DJI App that could give you the last known flight coordinates? If so, use a smart phone to follow those coordinates. It should narrow down your search area.

The first thing I did when I started the DJI App is set the minimum return height to 100 feet. We have 80 feet tall trees in our area and I reasoned that when the auto return feature had to kick in it would be too late to change and there is no telling what obstacles would be around at that time.

My first day out, I flew the P3P out of visual flight range, the app crashed, and I thought the drone was lost. When the battery ran low, it gained altitude from wherever it was and returned to home on its own.

After only having my p3p for 6 days it is lost. I was flying last evening, still plenty of daylight when I got about 1400 feet away I got a weak transmission warning and the screen fluttered. I quickly aimed it back at my house and then it said signal lost. I had approximately 50% battery life left at that point. The RTH button resulted in nothing and it never came back. I think the RTH altitude was set for 30 feet and that would have likely made it crash into some woods had it been trying to come back. It was 94 feet when I lost signal. I briefly searched the area but it most likely went down in a soybean field or crashed into a tree. Is there anyway to track with lat and longitude? Any help here would be appreciated.
If your screen fluttered i wouls say you lost video. So if you released all sticks on the controller, your bird is now floating at 98 feet. Did you press and hold the return to home or pressed once and let go?

If you only pressed once without holding it probably floated there until critical battery warning and than landed

I pressed an held. It's just started beeping. The screen fluttered but then it said signal lost. Not sure what to do.

Another possibility is that you had your failsafe set to "land" instead of "return to home". I don't really get the point of the "land" option, and checking my failsafe is part of my pre-flight checklist.

Hmm. Than I would hope it did lose connection , floated until critical battery and than landed. Probably sitting in a field. If it was only trees and fields theres not much else it could hit at 98 feet. Unless of course a bird got to it.

Yes but I have no experience with it. Im sure someone will chime in and teach you how

Anyway to recover a lat and long from its last location?
the flight records are on the Controller-- somebody will chime in and let you know how to recover them-- I don't usually ever look at those so I am not exactly familiar with how to download them.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, though. If I'm not mistaken, a lost connection would trigger RTH automatically, and if the settings were adequate, you should have seen it hovering overhead within a couple of minutes. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I lost signal and crapped a brick, and then suddenly, there it was. My RTH is set to 300 feet, as I live in a rather hilly area.

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
Flight record is on your app. You can replay the whole flight in "replay" mode. There is a small icon in the upper left on the first screen. Press it instead of "Enter camera view"

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
I understand the concept. Even tried it several times in open areas with great success. But it never showed up in my backyard. I'm at a loss.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj