Lost my drone in Bangkok ((

Well done - it's clowns like yourself that drag this hobby down & give the media the ammunition they need. You should be ok though as if you've hit someone in Bangkok where life unfortunately is cheap - you might get away with it:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: deltamike and GerdS
No it will not fly down to the RTH altitude. If it is already higher than the RTH, it will fly at its current altitude. Note that altitude is relative to your take off altitude. Your P3 doesn't know that it started 22 floors up.

As others have mentioned, flying in an urban setting is a bad idea unless you are very experienced.

Are you sure, i thought, it took its take off hight with gps data?

Are you sure, i thought it took its take off hight with gps data?
Nope, if you take off at the base of a hill, go up 30 feet and head for the hill it will hit the hill 30 feet up:(

Another safety tips is to stay away from high rise buildings which normally have very big & powerful antennas, radio transmitter/transceivers/magnetic objects/electronic devices. This things can easily interfere & interrupt your drone compass & signals. Safe flight...

The only height the Phantom knows is Home = Zero
It has no idea where sea level or ground level is and gets no altitude input at all from GPS.
It uses the barometer to give it height above or below home.
Nope, if you take off at the base of a hill, go up 30 feet and head for the hill it will hit the hill 30 feet up:(

Thanks!

Yeah seriously, only a bunch of negative tools who don't add any value to this thread whatsoever. I am trying to learn from his mistakes so that I don't commit the same. Obviously some of this is common sense, but everyone makes mistakes.

Reactions: collingwoodguy
View attachment 38575 A very good possibility it crashed into the tall building if RTH was initiated successfully.

+1
Signal loss behind the building and RTH would have kicked in. Once there is no signal, it can no longer update the flight logs to your phone. I think it face planted and crashed landed as depicted below.

Crashed%20here.jpg

I agree that it wasn't the best decision to fly there. But we have all done things that we regretted later. But I think some of the critics posting certainly could have used a better choice of words. We do not need to attack individuals on the forum. I personally feel if you can't add anything constructive to the topic then move along.Nothing wrong with criticism, just do it in a positive way.

Who can help me in Bangkok? I found it on the roof. I need another copter to take it. Please who now in Bangkok?

I'm confused. If you found it on the roof why do you need a copter to take it? Did you fly another AC up there to look for it?

I saw it from another building. Tried to speak with building owners to get to the roof,but they said that they can't let me on it. Because it dangerous. One way that if I will take it by another copter.

I saw it from another building. Tried to speak with building owners to get to the roof,but they said that they can't let me on it. Because it dangerous. One way that if I will take it by another copter.

Sounds like another accident waiting to happen.
I doubt a Phantom could carry the weight of another Phantom dangling off it. Both would be on an express ride to the ground.

I think a better bet would be to offer a security guard at the building a significant bribe to recover it for you.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.