Lost my drone in Bangkok ((

Reaction score
Today I tried to take some shot's of Bangkok city. I start phantom from the roof of the 22 level building. And when I tried to take video signal lost. And it doesn't come back. I thing big mistake was, that I don't correct height of returning home. It was 50meters((( and bankok has a lot of big buildings.

Reactions: anthony168
What do you think about it? What happens to it? Can it fly away from the last point?

Attachments

• 1451153517447.jpg
    1451153517447.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 994
  • 1451153532360.jpg
    1451153532360.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,027
  • 1451153546298.jpg
    1451153546298.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 977
If it was at very high distance. When it lost signal it will freeze in the air, then fly down to the altitude what was set in menu? Or it will begin to fly home from it's high on what it was?

If it was at very high distance. When it lost signal it will freeze in the air, then fly down to the altitude what was set in menu? Or it will begin to fly home from it's high on what it was?
Your AC will return to home at it's current altitude if it is higher then the height set in theGO app. If you current altitude is lower then what is set in the GO app, it will ascend to the set altitude and return to home. Of course this is depends on your fail safe settings , RTH or hover in place.

Hmm... If it should return home at his current altitude it must be higher all buildings. I waited about 15 minutes, and when go to try to find it.

No it will not fly down to the RTH altitude. If it is already higher than the RTH, it will fly at its current altitude. Note that altitude is relative to your take off altitude. Your P3 doesn't know that it started 22 floors up.

As others have mentioned, flying in an urban setting is a bad idea unless you are very experienced.

The last screenshots from the video. After that it lost signal

Attachments

• 1451154823830.jpg
    1451154823830.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 983
  • 1451154848606.jpg
    1451154848606.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 892
Post the link to Healthy Drones of the flight. I assume you uploaded to HD because of the picture you posted.

If you were higher than 50' above your LAUNCH altitude it maintains that altitude & engages RTH. Launch point is 0' as far as your Phantom is concerned. The question is were you high enough to avoid any buildings between the Home Point & where you lost signal? On a map draw a straight line between your launch point & the aircraft's last know location. Note your last known altitude. What building structures lie between those two points? Your bird should be where it encountered the first structure taller than its last altitude (+50' if you were lower than the launch altitude) along the plot line. Or at least somewhere down below. :eek:

Today I tried to take some shot's of Bangkok city. I start phantom from the roof of the 22 level building. And when I tried to take video signal lost. And it doesn't come back. I thing big mistake was, that I don't correct height of returning home. It was 50meters((( and bankok has a lot of big buildings.

Healthy Drones indicates altitude was 435'. Add to that, say another 200' because you launched from a 22 story building. Should put altitude at about 635' or so.

If it initiated RTH, it would have flown in a straight line at 635' directly back to the home point.

It looks like there is a very tall building in the predicted flight path.

Another possibility is that you lost video signal - can't tell, don't know what flight app you're using - and the AC just hovered in place waiting for a command, until it reached critical low battery level, then landed.

Healthy Drones indicates altitude was 435'. Add to that, say another 200' because you launched from a 22 story building. Should put altitude at about 635' or so.

If it initiated RTH, it would have flown in a straight line at 635' directly back to the home point.

It looks like there is a very tall building in the predicted flight path.

Another possibility is that you lost video signal - can't tell, don't know what flight app you're using - and the AC just hovered in place waiting for a command, until it reached critical low battery level, then landed.
Yes I think it crashed with this building Bayoke sky. The height of this hotel 309 meters. And drone was about 200 meters ... And it's only one so high building on it's way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik