Lost live camera feed on latest app with Note 2

Reaction score
I have been using a Samsung Note 2, and today I got out the gear and upgraded everything. The app as well. The Note is upgraded to android 4.4.2, which should be well beyond what the app needs, 4.1. Before I updated, I got nice FPV fotage all the time, but now it's just a black field. I tried with my S5, and that worked without a hitch, so it's not an error in the drone or remote. But I prefer to have my remote and phone separate, and the Note has a bigger screen. Even uninstalling the app and reinstalling it didn't help at all. Filming and photographing works just as well as with the S5, but not FPV. Any idea what this may be?

It could very well be because the Note 2 might not be supported anymore, which is the reason that I don't upgrade from 1.3.20 on my P3A that uses the Note 3. Look at the list of approved phones on DJI's list and see if it's listed before going any farther. I keep thinking that they are going to update us old school note users out and that's why I don't update my P3A that uses the Note 3. I don't see the note 2 listed but I don't remember it at all... Good phone though, we loved ours.
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

or look here on DJI's site Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

Your version will work but the phone isn't listed. Was it listed before?

No, the phone wasn't listed before either, manily because there are no (as far as I know) official 4.4.2 ROMs to that phone. And I like it for the Phantom, except that I wish it was a bit brighter. The S5 is brighter, but smaller.

Reactions: Reed L
I have a P3S using Samsung Note 5 and the DJI app. On 1080P or the 2K, the video is all pixally and choppy. Huge lag.

Are you talking about the video when you film or when you watch FPV now? Because FPV acts like that when the signal is weak. Check your video signal strength, there may be a problem. I have been quite far away with Lightbridge, and it works well.

FWIW, I tried my Note 2 on the latest app and didn't get video either. I had one lying around and figured if it worked, I'd use that "retired" phone just for the P3P. When I saw no video feed, I just went back to my Nexus 6 which has been working fine.

Mike

New flyer here. Was testing on my Samsung tab and all seems good. But when I connect to my note 2, no video - black screen. One poster said something about hooking up a usb cable but I'm thinking that's not applicable to the P3 Standard. Am I wrong?
On brief test, DJI Go seemed to be working on the Note 2 except for the black screen. Any solutions?
Brad - Santa Fe, NM

I'm a new user with the latest firmware and had hoped to use the Note II. It has a bright display and nice haptic feedback (a little vibration to confirm it's activated the touch) but as users above say, no live feed, though everything else that I've tried seems to work. Apart from ditching it, the solution above, has anyone found a workaround? At the moment I'm using the even less powerful Samsung S2 instead so the Note II must have the computing power needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.