Lost in the Bush

Reaction score
I have lost my P2V+ in dense bush on a lake edge, fairly remote area , access by boat only.
It is not too far in , although steep country.
I have searched on foot, snorkelled the lake edge, spotlighted at night and generally combed the area.
I was flying early m'ing up into the mist, it wouldn't respond and didn't gain height for some reason, and clipped a tree and in it went! A week now.

Find My Drone on the iPhone only seems to give a 'pin' on google maps of my home point set at take off, and appears to be very generalised
Any suggestions on how to find it by more accurate means with its gps location?

The Find My Phantom is pretty unreliable, especially if you lost signal. Are you using any 3rd party app that creates and stores a flight log on your tablet? If so, that log would have the most information regarding the fight during wifi connection. Otherwise, if you know where you were standing at launch and know the direction of travel, I think your only option would be to call up Google Earth and plot a straight line along that route and then walk it where possible.

No to the 3rd party app, the path is over water from launch to crash site, I saw where it clipped the tree, although being steep ground and rugged bush, there is plenty of spots where it might hang up high , or hidden well if on the ground.
Google maps for that area is not real accurate as soon as I zoom in it stops zooming at about 1000' (300+m)

Its the footage I would really like as it involved trout fishing, boating etc.

Good luck on the needle in a haystack but that's your option. Keep looking and hopefully you get lucky. A lot of us have been there and done the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20