Lost drone on building, not signed into DJI app

Reaction score
Tonight was flying, lost signal, came back above me and with the wind it went toward a nearby skyscrapper and it ended going over it slightly and I think it crashed on top. It is a building under construction so it is either on top or on the other side. Contacted the security guards and left my number. Will go back in the morning again when the construction starts.

I'm looking for my flight logs to see. I'm not signed into the app, so where can I find it? I'm unsure if I even have an account. Are they stored on my phone somewhere?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Drone is the Phantom 3 Pro

Edit: went to DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord/FlightRecord_yyyy-MM-DD-[HH-mm-ss].txt on the phone and have the latest one. It looks corrupted though. See attached.

Edit2: Heres a screenshot from healthydrones.com, shows landing battery 84%:
Dropbox - Screenshot 2017-03-09 22.39.46.png
It showed on my phone after it lost signal and was gone "motor obstructed". Also shows the last log at 189 ft at 3:52. Does this mean this is where it landed or crashed?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-09_[20-07-59].txt
    207.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Here's where it landed:

Building.jpg

Here's where it landed:

View attachment 78042
Thanks for the assistance. The image you attached showing where it landed is a bit deceptive as the building to the left of the 98% is actually a 40+ story building. The red dots directly above the it in the image is likely the roof of the building. Would that be correct to assume? I'm heading there shortly to see. Any other thoughts you have are appreciated.

I'm guessing it either landing on the roof and is sitting there now, or hit the wall on the roof and is busted around somewhere up there.

I'm at the mercy of the accuracy of Google's satellite images. The important takeaway is that your Phantom most likely landed somewhere on that building.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0 and PatJK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj