Lost control after 420mt distance

Reaction score
As in the title i usually lost tx control after 410-420 like if I'm in CE mode and not in FCC but i set FCC in phantom pc application then i turn the remote screw clockwise to the maximum possible and moreover when i start the radio controller i hear the two bips indicating that I'm in FCC mode. This happen in completely interference free areas with the bird in los and antenna pointing correctly. Any ideas on what i could check? Thank you

Ps: when i loose radio control i still have strong video signal...

Last edited:
Ya backwards. video should go first.... trees around? buildings? but still funny, video feed should go first...

You never complained about this before? You have been a round a lot... is this something new? If so, consider what CHANGED from when it last worked well to now? RC unit dropped? Kids play with quad and shake it up?

If you loose rc control, then automatic RTH kicks in...is this what you mean but did not say?

That all said, what type phone are you using? some seem to stay connected a lot farther than others. (corollary: why? I am guessing our extender retransmits our phone tx to quad, but does nothing for receive from tx from quad - it goes direct to our phone.... so different phones will offer different distances. just a guess)

THAT all said, why do you think you should get much farther than 1300 ft? that seems about my limit on my p2v3+ too and I thought that was normal?

Reactions: StevenQX
Ya backwards. video should go first.... trees around? buildings? but still funny, video feed should go first...

You never complained about this before? You have been a round a lot... is this something new? If so, consider what CHANGED from when it last worked well to now? RC unit dropped? Kids play with quad and shake it up?

If you loose rc control, then automatic RTH kicks in...is this what you mean but did not say?

That all said, what type phone are you using? some seem to stay connected a lot farther than others. (corollary: why? I am guessing our extender retransmits our phone tx to quad, but does nothing for receive from tx from quad - it goes direct to our phone.... so different phones will offer different distances. just a guess)

THAT all said, why do you think you should get much farther than 1300 ft? that seems about my limit on my p2v3+ too and I thought that was normal?
Well i did not complain about this before because most of the time that happens i think the root cause was the surroundings, another time happens in a completely free place and i thought that some settings on bird side or rc side were wrong. So i checked again with bird linked to pc all settings and everything was right. Today happens again in a completely free place without any kind of interference over a beach with the bird at 80 mt on sea level and in line of sight. So now i think that there is something wrong, the bird as specific should reach 700mt easily in a place like that. I'm looking for a solution, next try I'll do is to rotate a little bit ac the screw below the rc to make it not at the maximum clockwise level and I'll see if something improve...thanks yorlik

but keep in mind that the specs page shows p2v3+ as 500-700m, with asterisk saying this is in laboratory test conditions and prob will not happen in the real world..... If I ever got 2100ft I would go buy a lottery ticket right afterwards! I will NEVER expect 2000 ft with mine - no sense in setting myself up for failure.

I am interested so I know what to expect when I eventually go too far; does it always begin RTH when you loose contact?

but keep in mind that the specs page shows p2v3+ as 500-700m, with asterisk saying this is in laboratory test conditions and prob will not happen in the real world..... If I ever got 2100ft I would go buy a lottery ticket right afterwards! I will NEVER expect 2000 ft with mine - no sense in setting myself up for failure.

I am interested so I know what to expect when I eventually go too far; does it always begin RTH when you loose contact?
Yes it trigg rth...the reason why i asked is because the 2 times that happens in a total clear environment it trigg rth both times at 420mt like if I'm in CE mode and not in FCC [emoji58]

thanks for feedback. I THINK I have lost rc once or twice but for so short a period that control came back before the 5-10sec delay after loss of sig that RTH waits before kicking in. Only once did I have a RTH due to loss of RC sig - one of my first flights when I was too dumb to know how to do it and lost it over trees out of sight and began driving around looking for it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20