Lost contact P3P comes back dripping!

Reaction score
Was flying this morning over Biscayne Bay, about 36 feet above the water, drone lost contact,hit rth drone came back dripping water. I checked the flight log on the app and aircraft was about 36 ft agl at a hover then it just dropped before it stopped recording. Now I have no video no connection no nothing!
I have it outside drying out , hope I don't have $700.00 brick!

Your explanation is difficult to follow.

Are you suggesting the AC lost contact while hovering, descended into the water before honouring a RTH command?

If it was salt water I wouldn't waste too much time fiddling with it, ifnyuu get it working it won't work for long.

Yea, salt water is a killer, no doubt. Fresh water, you have a chance.

Your explanation is difficult to follow.

Are you suggesting the AC lost contact while hovering, descended into the water before honouring a RTH command?

If it was salt water I wouldn't waste too much time fiddling with it, ifnyuu get it working it won't work for long.
Yep that's what happened, and yes it was salt water, blew it out when I got home and left it out to dry, it connects but won't turn on and no images! Sent an email to DJI, now it's hurry up and wait!

DJI will likely ask you to sync your flight log with their servers so they can look at it. In the meantime you might consider uploading to heathydrones and or phantomhelp log viewer and posting the link here- perhaps we can shed some light on it also.

Salt water contact requires more than a dry off- you need to thoroughly remove it, complete disassembly and washing with IPA tends to be your best bet.

Yep that's what happened, and yes it was salt water, blew it out when I got home and left it out to dry, it connects but won't turn on and no images! Sent an email to DJI, now it's hurry up and wait!
Saltwater damage to electronics starts immediately and the corrosion continues long after drying out.
To get an idea of what might have been happening and why, go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Just told my son what happened today and he made me think deeper about what happened. He said daddy if the drone went into the water it wouldn't have came back, somebody on the dock that you were flying over sprayed it with a water hose! Any thoughts on this theory?

Just told my son what happened today and he made me think deeper about what happened. He said daddy if the drone went into the water it wouldn't have came back, somebody on the dock that you were flying over sprayed it with a water hose! Any thoughts on this theory?
Good chance we will need less theory if you get the log uploaded. If it went in the water up to the props it wouldn't have come back. Lick it and see if tastes salty.

Interesting to see the results of this one

Salt Water and Electronics = Death ! No two ways about it.

You can wash / spray / dry out ... do what ever you like ... it takes just a split seconds contact with SW and that's it. Especially if any power related device gets wet ...

Nigel

Another theory why it might have got wet lol
1501243336305.jpg

Was flying this morning over Biscayne Bay, about 36 feet above the water, drone lost contact,hit rth drone came back dripping water. I checked the flight log on the app and aircraft was about 36 ft agl at a hover then it just dropped before it stopped recording. Now I have no video no connection no nothing!
No video? Would kinda explain a bit.

Don't know Biscayne bay being from the uk, could it have been a big wave that splashed it?

As a retired Navy aircraft electrician, I dealt a lot with salt water in electronics. When we had an item with salt water intrusion, we would simply remove any batteries, discharge any large capacitors if needed, then dunk the whole thing in a fresh water bucket. Shake it up, then allow to completely dry, usi g compressed air as needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj