lost battery indication level and Sat indication on app

Reaction score
Hi Have just replaced camera and cables on Vision Plus everything is fine but on the iphone app it shows the level of extender ,will take pics and videos via app but does not show Phantom battery level or allows me to tilt the camera ,no idication of number of Sats anyone know what problem is ,or which board sends this info to wifi

No its not that all cables replaced and doubled checked ,just not sure which part send the info to wifi

Got to be the cable from the camera to the controller or bus. That's where that data comes from.
That's the 3 or 4 pin connector, the narrower one, not the two wider ones.
I suspect your GPS location is also not being sent to the app (check the ground station screen) and your radar indicator is not showing your distance.
All of that comes from comes from the flight controller, not the camera. The tilt function goes through the flight controller too.
Everything else is the camera or the extender battery which comes straight from the extender.

If the cable is good, it's got to be the connector on one end or the other.

Have you done all the updates? again.

I am not sure what update went to what hardware but your battery bar will not work without all the latest updates on the bird. Just thinking outside the box I am wondering if part of the 3.06 went to the camera you replaced and your new camera is still running old firmware.

cahutch said:
Got to be the cable from the camera to the controller or bus. That's where that data comes from.
That's the 3 or 4 pin connector, the narrower one, not the two wider ones.
I suspect your GPS location is also not being sent to the app (check the ground station screen) and your radar indicator is not showing your distance.
All of that comes from comes from the flight controller, not the camera. The tilt function goes through the flight controller too.
Everything else is the camera or the extender battery which comes straight from the extender.

If the cable is good, it's got to be the connector on one end or the other.

when you say flight controller which bit is that ?

GeoChan said:
The Naza/Phantom flight controller. The big orange box inside that says Phantom on it.
I'm not sure where it plugs in though. I don't think there is a direct connection between that and the camera but the camera has a serial data connection with the controller somehow, probably via the CAN bus.

It's the smaller of the three cables from the camera. I'm sure you know better than I do where that connects since you just replaced the cables.
Wherever the smaller connector goes, that's where your problem is. Make sure it's plugged in securely on both sides and double check that the connectors aren't damaged.

The WiFi module inside is technically part of the camera. The App connects to the camera via WiFi and the camera relays data from the flight controller via a serial connection.
The flight controller is what controls the camera gimbal, so the tilt function goes through that same serial connection.
If the camera and all camera functions are fine but all flight controller functions are dead, that's where your problem is.

You didn't mention if you also lost GPS and radar functionality. That would confirm it.

cahutch said:
GeoChan said:
The Naza/Phantom flight controller. The big orange box inside that says Phantom on it.
I'm not sure where it plugs in though. I don't think there is a direct connection between that and the camera but the camera has a serial data connection with the controller somehow, probably via the CAN bus.

It's the smaller of the three cables from the camera. I'm sure you know better than I do where that connects since you just replaced the cables.
Wherever the smaller connector goes, that's where your problem is. Make sure it's plugged in securely on both sides and double check that the connectors aren't damaged.

Thanks for that the cables do not go into the orange box ,they go to silver one above and to main board ,so maybe the silver box could be at fault as have again check cables all ok
Hopefully someone else has come up with this fault .Have contacted DJI , tapping fingers patiently :)

The silver box is the wifi module which is part of the camera. If you can connect to the camera, that module is probably fine.
Which is the smaller of the three connectors? My guess would be the one that goes to the main board.
Did you pull the connector off and double check that the connector on the board isn't damaged or maybe connected backwards?
Also where it connects to the camera underneath?

You didn't mention if you also lost GPS and radar functionality. That would confirm it.

cahutch said:
The silver box is the wifi module which is part of the camera. If you can connect to the camera, that module is probably fine.
Which is the smaller of the three connectors? My guess would be the one that goes to the main board.
Did you pull the connector off and double check that the connector on the board isn't damaged or maybe connected backwards?
Also where it connects to the camera underneath?

Yes have lost GPS and radar ,have checked all the connections all ok , the small 4 pin connection from camera splits into 2 ,1 goes into silver box 2 pin the other 4 pin but only 2 connected goes to main board marked cam.there are 2 more cables from
camera 1 goes to small anti interference board which other end connects to gimbal on main board the other cable from camera cant remember as got cover back on at the moment

SOLVED PROBLEM:As previous post ,I replaced damaged camera etc but could not see the main power indicator level ,it showed up as empty ,had no sats ,could not move camera via app .Told it was cables so replaced them ,then told it was iternal GPS unit ,changed that ,then DJI said that it was faulty camera , Just done flight test ,problem solved ,it was not cables it was the main circuit board

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1