Loss of some control on Phantom

Reaction score
I have had the Phantom for a couple of months now with many successful flights. However, today when I tried to fly, it took off as usual but I soon found that I did not have yaw control (left stick) and pitch and roll was erratic. I managed to get it back on the ground without damage. I re calibrated the compass and tried again but got the same thing. I brought unit in and hooked it to the computer but I could not find anything wrong. I am not sure that I know enough to recognize if anything was wrong. The led indications at the time of flight were as they had been on all previous flights.

The second problem occurred when I was connected to the unit and checked the firmware versions. The system tells me that I need to update the PMU firmware. I followed the instructions and downloaded to firmware update, but when I try to update, I get an error message that says "update is unsuccessful, please power down and then retry". I tried several times to no avail.

Any ideas appreciated
Kentm

Things have gone from bad to worse now. The naza software now tells me that the GPS needs to be calibrated. Or possibly the compass. However, I am unable to get the machine into the compass calibration mode using the "GPS/ATTBI" switch. The LED is showing a constant red/yellow flash. How do you calibrate the GPS? I have watched the video regarding the compass calibration and I surmise that is the procedure I should try next.
Any ideas?

kentM said:
Things have gone from bad to worse now. The naza software now tells me that the GPS needs to be calibrated. Or possibly the compass. However, I am unable to get the machine into the compass calibration mode using the "GPS/ATTBI" switch. The LED is showing a constant red/yellow flash. How do you calibrate the GPS? I have watched the video regarding the compass calibration and I surmise that is the procedure I should try next.
Any ideas?

If your switch does not get you into Compass calibration mode, the problem could be there. When you hook up to your computer, did you check the switches to make sure they are working correctly?

kentM said:
Any ideas?

It seems that you upgraded to 3.16

The Naza settings have been reverted to their default values. I suggest you download the default phantom parameters file from the dji download page and load it.

Also make sure radio type is PPM. 3.16 resets radio type to D-BUS. After upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20