Loss Of Signal When Recording - Strange...

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I've searched all posts and even looked at the suggested threads while trying to post this. That said, I've just encountered the weirdest behavior out of my P3S. Here's what I did. Went through all preflight inspections, powered up the RC, then powered up the bird, then the tablet. All checks out good. Get the Green GPS bar top center and have live video at take off and up until the moment I tell it to record. Once I hit the record button on the tablet I immediately get a RED no signal at the top center of the display. This is my 8th flight with this bird and it's worked perfect until this flight!! Shut it all down, went back into the house, recharged everything thing, bird battery, RC, and tablet, to 100%. Fired it up in the house, clicked record, and no issues. Took it back outside where I've recorded three times before, powered everything back up, all good!! Launched, got to around 15', hit record and lost signal again.

Any ideas? This makes no sense to me. Going to take it to the park tomorrow and try it again to see if something happened around the house to interfere, but really curious as to what you guys think the problem might be.

Stock P3S, modified RC with an ARGtek antenna since first flight. Using Samsung Galaxy tab 3 since first flight. In other words, nothing in the hardware setup has changed. No firmware update either. Nothing has changed since first flight and no crashes (yet, knock wood).

Really curious about your thoughts and insight,

Mark

Do a custom search for "p3s signal loss when recording" - Google Custom Search
I can't paste the results so you will have to do it yourself but there are several good results given. ;)

Just went through 10 pages of "Google Custom Search" on the subject (granted I only read the first 10 replies on each), and none of those threads even remotely apply to the issue at hand. Anyone else got any hint as to why this might be happening? Nothing has changed in my hardware setup, no additional mods of the the Phantom hardware, no firmware updates, no hardware updates, nothing. Heck, I haven't even downloaded an additional App to my tablet since the first flight!!

7 successful flights, then no signal once I tell it to record.

Confused!!!

(Post Edit, Topic should read "Strange", sorry)

Update: Turns out it was the Galaxy Tab II tablet that was causing the issues with the signal loss. Just got off of chat with Samsung and they want the tab back to service it. Going to buy an Nvidia shield tab or iPad this weekend. Hope this helps others who are having the same issue!!

I thought you had said you tried another device? No? Well, at least you figured it out. DJI develops primarily for Apple devices first, then Android so choose carefully. ;)

I thought you had said you tried another device? No? Well, at least you figured it out. DJI develops primarily for Apple devices first, then Android so choose carefully. ;)
Nope, never tried another device until after I got off the chat with Samsung. Downloaded the DJI GO app to my iPhone 6 after that and it all worked perfectly. Hmmm, now I'm leaning more and more toward the Apple devices. Thanks for the heads up on development!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj