Loss of signal between control unit and Phantom 2 (3 times)

Reaction score
Recently experienced loss of signal episodes between control unit and my Phantom 2 (V 3.06), flying flying over a newly opened museum. I'm not sure why it started about 5 minutes into the flight (very near the building), but a loss of signal and a automatic fail-safe-return-to-home occurred two more times in short ordre on the way back -even 200 ft. away from the building. Could interference from other radio's cause an outage to mine? Other GoPro's running wifi recording skateborders?

I did not realize how fast the auto descent vertical speed is. 2 m/s ?

http://youtu.be/ytAVLO1FnwY

Thoughts?

Re: Loss of signal between control unit and Phantom 2 (3 ti

NorthernObserver said:
Recently experienced loss of signal episodes between control unit and my Phantom 2 (V 3.06), flying flying over a newly opened museum. I'm not sure why it started about 5 minutes into the flight (very near the building), but a loss of signal and a automatic fail-safe-return-to-home occurred two more times in short ordre on the way back -even 200 ft. away from the building. Could interference from other radio's cause an outage to mine? Other GoPro's running wifi recording skateborders?

I did not realize how fast the auto descent vertical speed is. 2 m/s ?

http://youtu.be/ytAVLO1FnwY

Thoughts?

Not sure - could be a lot of things I guess - wifi in the building, maybe the building contains a cell tower or something? Is this the only time you've experienced the loss of signal?

PS - I doubt it's go-pro's from skate boarders at that altitude... unless you were standing extraordinarily close to them?

Check antenna connections.

A poster here had a similar issue and found the connector inside the controller has come off.

Good idea on the antenna connection inside the controller. I will check. This was the second flight on a new set of controller batteries.

Regards

NorthernObserver said:
Good idea on the antenna connection inside the controller. I will check. This was the second flight on a new set of controller batteries.

Regards

Batteries not likely to be an issue unless the Controller is indicating low battery.
They are electrically regulated to maintain 'full power' until the low batt. alarm sounds to replace them.

Agreed the batteries were new, and there were no alarms from the controller for low voltage. Nothing was wrong on the antenna connections inside, I flew the Phantom today about 1000 feet away in a rural area, no issues what so ever. I'm thinking someone was messing with me at the building site.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj