Losing video signal at 2 Kilometers

Reaction score
Hello gurus! This was the first time this happened to me. Been going farther than 2 kilometers without any issues on losing video signal. I had the DBS panel antenna for quite sometime now and been using it un-boosted. I finally decided to install a booster. I did a range test the other day and I've the video signal bar drops from full bar to no bar at 2 kilometers and some feet and my screen froze (Briefly) cause no feed from the aircraft. Prior to this flight, I've noticed something while the system was turn on inside the house. when I point the RC directly to the craft at around 6-7ft between RC and AC the video link signal drops to ZERO. I will stepped back a foot and get the video full bar back. I did do the same thing until I no bar again and this time I just point the radio away from the craft and the video signal bar comes back full again. I have referred what I noticed to where I bought the booster kit. We think nothing to be concern about. In short, I did that range test flight for the first time the RC was boosted. The next day, I disconnected the booster system and connect the antenna directly to the RC and did another range test in the same path I've flown the first boosted range test. It did exactly what happened when it is boosted. almost the same distance as the boosted flight. I thought I am also losing RC signal after the Video signal drops. But when I reviewed my flight log, it says "Downlink lost" only. came back at 1 second. there are several parts of the flight that has that message. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I would like to upload my flight log here for everybody to see. but you have to tell me how.. :) Thank you folks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1