Losing Thrust/power

Reaction score
After 6-weeks of perfect behavior from a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I keep crashing due to a loss of power. I can hover and fly for a little while, and then suddenly, the Phantom simply loses power and drops.

Once it’s on the ground, I try full throttle and it won’t react until I power the Phantom off and repower the Phantom.

I believe I have the latest release as of 9/12/2014 via the Assistant. I’m at work, so I can’t be specific as to the Rev number.

Additionally, are there updates to the controller other than fine tuning and such that is found in using the Assistant?

Thanks in advance,
TG

I really don't think you have a controller issue. I would hook up to assistant and calibrate everything. How's your battery ?

Batteries where all fully charged. Not sure about the controller calibrations' that you referred too. I haven't adjusted any controls via the Assistant. Should I? I'm very new to this and everything was fine until recently.

Tailgunner said:
After 6-weeks of perfect behavior from a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I keep crashing due to a loss of power. I can hover and fly for a little while, and then suddenly, the Phantom simply loses power and drops.

When you say its losing power, do you mean it totally powers off (lights, motors, etc..) and drops like a rock? Or do you mean it is still powered on, but lacks sufficient power to remain aloft? Have you tested with more than one battery?

If once it lands, and it remains on but will not give you enough thrust to take back off, it sounds like it's going into the Auto-land function. That may indicate you have a bad battery. Have you tried with different batteries?

How many cycles do you have on the battery? Before the behavior started, did you have a crash or anything?

Tailgunner said:

Once it’s on the ground, I try full throttle and it won’t react until I power the Phantom off and repower the Phantom.

I believe I have the latest release as of 9/12/2014 via the Assistant. I’m at work, so I can’t be specific as to the Rev number.

Additionally, are there updates to the controller other than fine tuning and such that is found in using the Assistant?

Thanks in advance,
TG

I agree this sounds like autoland but we definitely need more info. When it is on the ground are the props turning off? If so, can you restart them with a CSC? What are the ESC LEDs doing when it is dropping? Are the rears flashing red, indicating low battery warning? What about the vision app phantom battery status (both the time remaining and the battery percentage)?

Once it is on the ground, the blades are still spinning, just not enough to gain altitude.

I'll check lights and battery status on the next flight crash and get back to you guys.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1