Losing Signal?

Reaction score
Yesterday I tried to fly a P1. Did the spin-moves to calibrate the bird and powered it up. The lights would be blinking green as if they had good satellite signal so I would take off and I'd hover in the air for a few minutes and all is good. I would then go forward with the bird and in about 30 feet (sometimes more sometimes less), the back light would start blinking red and the bird would immediately land. I made sure the battery is charged and even checked after it landed and it was still charged.

The P1 was bought off ebay to help practice and let my brothers learn, but I'm not sure what is going on here since my P2V+ flies great around here. I made sure all the firmware was up to date. Any thoughts?

How many red flashes do you get? 3? I have some issues losing signal but I'm going to perform the aluminum-foil mod which I found here on this forum. Hope it helps.

It's very windy around here right now so I can't take the P1 out to try. If I remember correctly, its a constant red blink.

That would be a low battery signal. One red blink and a green/orange blink would be a gps signal getting worse. Have you checked the voltage levels in the naza assistant software?

If the phantom immediately lands on the spot I bet someone has been fooling around in the settings. Normally on low battery the bird should come home right?

Tito said:
If the phantom immediately lands on the spot I bet someone has been fooling around in the settings. Normally on low battery the bird should come home right?

No, the phantom comes home when it loses signal if the home point has been properly set up before take off. On low battery the phantom enter the "safe landing" mode, meaning it will slowly start going down.

Your issue might come from battery itself. I know that after a while the battery does not last as long and since you bought it out of ebay, maybe the battery has been used before and is not in good condition any more. Have you tried other batteries? brand new ones?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik