Losing signal at 40 feet!

Reaction score
Guys I need help. Installed the new firmware and flew her for the very first time. Not even 40 feet directly above me out in my yard I lose signal and video. Why in the world would that be???? Right out of the box, completely updated. Why?

I flew mine right of the box yesterday perfect didn't update anything thank god and she's fine, could be a controller issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not even 40 feet directly above me out in my yard I lose signal and video. Why in the world would that be?
Perhaps the antennas were not positioned properly. Check out this video:

Reactions: Jussaguy
Check your antenna orientation when flying directly above.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If the antenna are pointing straight up.....and the bird is right above you it will loose signal. It may help to tilt the antenna down when flying right above you. You could also have some near by wifi signal interference. Try another location.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Firrmware and app were all updated. BUT come to think of it, since it was just a quick test to see if it worked properly since I hadn't flown it yet, Im not sure I put up the antenna. But even so, like someone said, shouldn't it be fine at 40 feet even with then down? Im gonna try again when I get home but this is really bothering me. What a crap first impression.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik