Losing drone signal after 400 m

Reaction score
I haven't so far been able to fly further than some 400 metres away from the RC as the RC keeps losing the signal from the drone and the screen gones black. I've tried to adjust the antennas, but it doesn't really seem to help.

If there's no high buildings around, is it still typical for a P3 to not get any further away than that in a populated areas? Can really be like that? Flying at altitudes like 30-50 metres.

I haven't so far been able to fly further than some 400 metres away from the RC as the RC keeps losing the signal from the drone and the screen gones black. I've tried to adjust the antennas, but it doesn't really seem to help.

If there's no high buildings around, is it still typical for a P3 to not get any further away than that in a populated areas? Can really be like that? Flying at altitudes like 30-50 metres.
It's all relative. I can fly 4000 ft from one end of my neighborhood to the other, as long as the signal between the bird and the controller is clear. If I drop behinf a line of trees, I eventually lose signal. With clear line of sight between the bird and controller, you can theoretically fly until the battery dies. I've gone 2 miles out over the ocean w/ full signal strength. My suggestion, try a different location. If you still max at 400m, then it's something else and I'd try rebinding the controller and/or making sure the antenna are oriented properly.

I managed a 2 kilometres flight at the weekend, with a clear path over open countryside, although I've started getting the occasional loss of transmitter signal, location seems to be a factor, but 400 metres is pretty poor

Yeah, just now charging all my batteries and the iPad. Planning to fly later on today in a place with less radio and electrical interference.

I was just so disappointed at 400 m (i.e. 1300 feet), so I couldn't resist posting a question about it. I've seen others fly further than that in a residential area, which is why I'm confused. For instance I was approaching the nearby golf course and all of a suddenly around 1300 feet the signal drops and I lost the live feed. Felt too wierd to be true. At the time I was flying at a modest altitude.

Try to fly at least 150m altitude and then test the range. Always keep the antennas perpendicular (check manual)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1