Losing control signal

Reaction score
I've had my P2V for about three months now, flying on average every other day. Recently, for say the last two weeks, the bird loses control signal just a couple hundred meters out. Previously I was able to get a range approaching 900 meters.

My first thought was that even though I have good charge on the batteries, maybe the connections for the logic pins were getting dirty. So I cleaned them with DeOxit, but no improvement. And by the way, this is happening with both of my batteries, so I guess I can rule them out as the cause of the problem.

I have not done the firmware updates, no changes there, so I can rule that out as well.

So why would my control range be reduced so drastically? The good news is that RTH has worked flawlessly, and in most cases I have been able to regain control by flipping the S1 switch down and back up. I am still in GPS mode, I have not yet set it up for ATTI or however you refer to that change.

Any ideas?

~ Russ

Are you losing the video feed on your device or actual control of the Phantom?
I have found not only line of sight affects the control signal but other interference from power lines, communications equipment. I lose the video much more frequently which seems to point to a newer app that was automatically updated on my iPhone.

I'm speaking specifically of loss of control signal, hence the mention of the so-far reliable RTH function. I never fly without GPS lock and at least 6 satellites acquired.

I have not opened up the transmitter nor the P2V, but maybe it is time to check connections.

~ Russ

If you didn't do anything to the phantom, no mods no crashes and you've lost significant range and ypure flying in the same place then I would call DJI to get your controller replaced. Simple nuff.

FYI for best range results always fly line of sight with no physical obstructions. Keep your antenna pointed up at the sky not sideways and not pointed directly at the phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik