Losing Connection When I Take Photos on my PV2+

Reaction score
Hi lads and lassies,

Just wondering is this meant to happen? Any time, no matter how close or how far, I take a photo I get an error showing on my screen that I've lost my connection to my phantom. Every Time! It only happens when I take a photo and not when I begin a video. The connection resumes within a couple of seconds.

I have my settings configured so that the Phantom begins recording if I ever go out of range or lose my connection for whatever reason. So obviously this happening each time I take a photo is quite annoying.

Any takers on this one?

Thanks in advance for any replies and any advice!

This is normal when taking photos in RAW (DNG) format. You can reduce that time by using a class 10 memory card -- like this one.

Last edited:
It's also normal with all cameras whether or not your shooting jpeg or raw.

wait, you actually lose phantom connection? as in
So is it normal to get the message or not? Phantom is only 6 weeks old so if there's a defect I'd prefer to address it before warranty is up.

Thanks again for input!!
it's abnormal to get phantom connection broken messages whenever you take a photo.

Might just be a bug your apps software for the error message. The problem with the screen going black is that the camera is processing the data to your SD card. This happens to P2 NV/V/V+ and it is normal. As I said it happens to all digital cameras.

Ya. I Lose connection and return to home initiates and then control is automatically returned to controller without flicking S2 switch.. Flight then resumes as normal. I'm just afraid that it will all go t*ts up on me some day and I won't get control back...

Might just be a bug your apps software for the error message. The problem with the screen going black is that the camera is processing the data to your SD card. This happens to P2 NV/V/V+ and it is normal. As I said it happens to all digital cameras.

Hi Jason. Yeah, I'm aware of the black screen with digital cameras and that's fine. But it's actually the error message letting me know contact has been lost and the fact that return to home initiates along with automatic record setting also kicking in when contact has been lost.

I still believe its bug in the app and not in the P2.

Did you figure this one out? I'm having same issue, I'm connected to WiFi fine, app shows it, but when I click on camera every few seconds it's says lost connection and drops WiFi. It reconnects, then few seconds later it happens again and keeps cycling through it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, still no luck. I think it is problem with app, and I cant remember if problem started before or after I upgraded to Android 5.0. I think it was fine after 5.0, but maybe an update screwed it up.

The only time I've gotten that connection lost message is when I've tried to take a picture of something and forgot I had video being recorded at the same time.

When I'm sure the video recording is off, I will typically get a 3-5 second lag. But then it comes right back up. I'm using a Samsung S4 most of the time. When I use the Tab 8, that time is even longer. But the Tab 8 has less processing power than my cell phone. Perhaps your FPV device is to blame rather than the drone?

Thanks for the post. It's actually happening as soon as I click camera, that's when wifi cuts out and in. When I launch the app, or even when I return to the main menu, it's fine and maintains a connection. When it's happening I'm not recording or taking pics.

I'm on note 4, running Android lollipop. I think it happened after last update because I've had lollipop for awhile now and was able to use it before from what I remember. Haven't had many flights in lately due to wind but I'm sure wifi was working before with lollipop.

I'm on note 4, running Android lollipop. I think it happened after last update because I've had lollipop for awhile now and was able to use it before from what I remember. Haven't had many flights in lately due to wind but I'm sure wifi was working before with lollipop.

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling? I've seen others mention doing this to correct bugs.

I have, that didn't work. I managed to get a quick flight in last night, but as soon as i landed it started happening again. I'm going to try a different phone tonight, and if that doesn't work I'll try reinstalling the firmware on the camera. If it still doesn't work, I'll try binding with my backup router. I'll keep everyone posted

I think I figured out what my issues may be. I reinstalled the cameras firmware, but that didn't work. I then disabled NFC, GPS, and Bluetooth on my Note 4 and I was able to get three successful flights with video. I'll play around when I have time, but I think maybe with one of the other radio functions on my device may be interfering with the drones hotspot. I'll try to narrow down to one and respond back in case someone else has a similar issue. I thought it may be a RAM thing where the app didn't have enough cache, so I figured disabling those functions may help but now that I think of it that's a lot of extra frequencies running at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie