Losing 2.4 WiFi signal mid flight. Dji App has no signal no matter distance

Reaction score
My last 2 flights ended with no WiFi signal and a RTH. Last flight I was less than 400 feet away. Even as the drone went in to auto landing and I was only a few feet way still no signal. I really don't like doing a RTH unless I absolutely have to. Once I rebooted every thing all was fine. I'm using a Google Nexus with the Dji go app. Defective or just interference?

That sounds like a bad antenna connection internal to the RC or even the Phantom. Has nothing to do with the Nexus as that is not even required to fly technically. (Yes it is the screen to your flying world, but mid flight if it where to turn off from no battery, the Phantom would not execute a RTH as it is really talking just to the RC and that signal would still be present.) You may pop both open and check for a loose antenna cable. If you find one, be careful thinking that your problem is 100% fixed; for if that antenna is used to transmit on then the transmitter could easily have been damaged and have reduced transmission power from the bad antenna connection (reflected impedance and all that bad stuff...)

A quick updated thought in reading some of the other posts. Sounds like it could be interference from a mobile device if you recently did an update of the firmware. Not sure what they changed recently that would cause this. Some have found that using a different mobile device had solved their problem. Hopefully you have another you can try.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the input guys. I now almost certain that the problem is with the" DJI GO APP". It only seams to occur with there is a loss of wifi signal then the app crashes. I still retain control with the RC so I don't think is a hardware issue. I'm using a Nexus 7 2013 so I'm sure that the tablet has plenty of computing power. I ways use an app killer before I fly so the recommendations that DJI gives to solve the problem don't work. The over priced Litchi app is starting to look better.

hi please try using another device or your phone with the dji app with your P3s this way it be easy to identify if it is the device or app. if the app is crashing then its the application or the device is not processing the information quicker then expected so the device cant handle it so it crashes the app ..

so try another device . is your nexus firmware updated ?

what android firmware you have 4.2.2 ?

I tried using my android phone when I first got my P3S but I found out quickly it was too small and also suffered from crashing. I don't have any other android or ios devices to test on. My Nexus is running android 6.0.1

You need to try a crApple device even if you have to borrow one. Also do you have video caching turned off. I think you would be better doing a restart of you device before you fly instead of using a app killer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik