lose picture signal on p3 standard !!!

Reaction score
Hi guys, been doing lots of different firmware on my Phantom 3 standard as the camera feed to my phone cuts off at around 50-90m depending on what firmware I use. shouldn't have to be doing this for a new drone (esp as my first ever one.. not the best start) this is what I tried so far...

2.8.3 (out of the box update... bad signal)
1.5.70+ ( 60m before video cuts out, still can control the drone)
1.6.8 (50m before video cuts out, still can control the drone)
1.7.8 (70m before video cuts out, still can control the drone)

about to try 1.07.0084 and see what happens.

my app is on 2.8.3

I only had this for 3 days so please excuse my lack of knowledge... part of me is happy I know so much already about upgrading, downgrading firmware... but also upset as no one should have to go through all this on an expensive product.. especially if it's on their first day of getting it.

any help would be appreciated

If android, try borrowing a iPhone 6 or iPad mini 4 with the Go App installed and check the video range. I've never had a problem with mine on any of the various FW updates

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hi guys, been doing lots of different firmware on my Phantom 3 standard as the camera feed to my phone cuts off at around 50-90m depending on what firmware I use. shouldn't have to be doing this for a new drone (esp as my first ever one.. not the best start) this is what I tried so far...

2.8.3 (out of the box update... bad signal)
1.5.70+ ( 60m before video cuts out, still can control the drone)
1.6.8 (50m before video cuts out, still can control the drone)
1.7.8 (70m before video cuts out, still can control the drone)

about to try 1.07.0084 and see what happens.

my app is on 2.8.3

I only had this for 3 days so please excuse my lack of knowledge... part of me is happy I know so much already about upgrading, downgrading firmware... but also upset as no one should have to go through all this on an expensive product.. especially if it's on their first day of getting it.

any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the Forum!

Short reply, Super tired, couple of links..

P3S App Disconnected

Search Results for Query: lost image | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod

Attachments

• Screenshot (62).png
    Screenshot (62).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 438
What type of phone device?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
thanks for the reply :) it's a ulefone power and I tried a few other phones but all with the same result. I don't think it's hardware related. maybe software or even the area I am in. I need to carry on testing as I have a week before I can return it for a refund

thank you so much for the links... I know how tired you are as its 7.20am in London and I haven't been to bed yet... but did go out and film in London at 6am tho lol
Wow, not the pictures you see on TV.
Only over the ocean journey so far, Hawaii.

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.