Lose contact with radio controls and DJI Phantom v1

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked before and answered, but because of my bad English so I ask again.
I often lose contact between the remote and my DJI Phantom v1 in flight. When my DJI is on his way back to home, I usually contact again. I have tried to fly on several different sites in the case, you are the disturbance in the air but get the same result.
This can happen after 2 minutes flight or after 10 min.

I've upgraded to the latest firmware No. 4.02.

Anyone have tips?

JObbern said:
This question has probably been asked before and answered, but because of my bad English so I ask again.
I often lose contact between the remote and my DJI Phantom v1 in flight. When my DJI is on his way back to home, I usually contact again. I have tried to fly on several different sites in the case, you are the disturbance in the air but get the same result.
This can happen after 2 minutes flight or after 10 min.

I've upgraded to the latest firmware No. 4.02.

Anyone have tips?

And how far away is your Phantom from you when this happens?
Does it happen when you have a clear unobstructed line of sight between you/your transmitter and your Phantom?

Sometimes its only 10m away, other it may be 50m. The places i have been flying are open without buildings or other constructions around.

Open the transmitter and take a good look at where the antenna wire connects to the board. Several people have reported that the connection was loose. Mine has a lot of silicon on top of it but some others had none.

Threre are new batteries in the radio. I have changed to different types also. I will try to check the connections, but do you mean in the radio or the drone?

I'm fairly certain they're talking about inside the controller. The cable from the antenna is a u.fl connector, it's a very small plug. It's fairly easy for those to come loose if one isn't careful. There have been a number of them that have come lose due to not being snapped on all the way. If you have to re-plug it in you'll want to use something to keep it in place. I've seen people use a hot glue gun, like the kind usually used for crafts projects. If nothing else, a piece of electrical tape can work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This weekend I opened both radio and drone. In the radio, the cord "glued" on the PCB. The drones were both cords firmly but without glue. Tried to take these loose but they were sitting very well.
I got a tip from someone that it might be a oppdatring to the radio, but I can not find this out. I have written previously that updated the firmware to 4.02.

I have flown a bit this weekend to test some and on one trip, the radio didn´t loose connection with the drone, during the entire flight. But on the next trip, I flew about 7 minutes before I lost contact. When the drone was coming "home", about 10m from me, I got in touch again and be able to fly a few minutes before the battery was out of power on the drone.

In the case, there are others with the same problem as me,I lay out my solution to the problem.

I used the GoPro wifi while I flew and since v 1.1.1 using 2.8 Ghz came the problem I had where I lost the connection between the radio and drone.

By turning off the wifi on 3 + GoPro camera, it does not happen that I lose touch.
Surely this is a known problem many others have had and I read this in some groups on facebook.

Anyway, thanks for the many suggestions for solutions to my problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj