Loosing radio connection

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ran into an issue the last couple of weeks regarding loosing connection. I was out to 1200 feet and my screen gave me the error that it lost connection and is returning home. This happened every time I went out passed 1000feet. I tried the same flight path with my Vision Plus and didn't get that. Any idea what could be causing it?. I had fresh batteries on both the Phantom and radio

I appreciate your comments/suggestions.

Rick

When you lose Connection is it the 5.8 or the FPV you lose ?
Do you still have FPV when it goes to RTM and see it or does that go out and then go into RTH ?

When you lose Connection is it the 5.8 or the FPV you lose ?
Do you still have FPV when it goes to RTM and see it or does that go out and then go into RTH ?

Guess when "screen gave me the error that it lost connection and is returning home" ;)

Guess when "screen gave me the error that it lost connection and is returning home" ;)
Still not saying which is going first . I have lost 5.8 and watch it in FPV turn around and start back
But when I lose 2.4 I still see RTM but no FPV till I get it back .
Just trying to see if he's problem is with extender or TX ! :confused:

Well ya not going to get what the plus does with just the vision unless ya move up to the RE700 . Now have ya ever gotten more distance out of it than that ?

Yes, I've had it up to 1500 ft. and I upgraded to the RE700 a while back..
Maybe you have changed something in your app maybe like Preview Quality or were ya flying now has to much noise .
I find my distance varies just in the way I aim some days .
Have you tried flying in a different spot or are you in the same place every time ?

You know they did add a cell tower close by, maybe that's got something to do with it. I'm going to try another place this weekend. Thanks for your assistance..

You know they did add a cell tower close by, maybe that's got something to do with it. I'm going to try another place this weekend. Thanks for your assistance..
Good luck to you and do tell what you find ! ;)

Mine has been the same. I rarely get over 1300 feet before I start to lose connection between phantom and the controller. I'm almost always flying in wide open spaces. Dissapointed in that distance so will be doing the stage 2 mod at some point soon. What should distance be with the stock antennas?

Depends on if ya have a Vision or a plus and ya don't have that in your signature ;)
On my Vision all I gout was about 1500' more or less depending on all the variable's and that was just stock and I immediately started doing mod's as I want distance .
As for the Plus I really can't say as I don't have one ;)

I also have the Vision Plus with the Antenna mods and I have gone almost a mile, but this Vision is stock and the most I have gotten is about 1300 feet. I don't know what the limits are I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.

I also have the Vision Plus with the Antenna mods and I have gone almost a mile, but this Vision is stock and the most I have gotten is about 1300 feet. I don't know what the limits are I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.
And I don't think you will ! It differs from one spot to the next .
Book might say you can go say 1500' but I might can get 1800' and you only get 1100' .
Just depends on a lot of variables bro .

Yep, A lot of things to consider. I moved to a different area and I was able to get it up to 1300ft. May the new cell tower was screwing me up.

Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone comments.

Rick

Yep, A lot of things to consider. I moved to a different area and I was able to get it up to 1300ft. May the new cell tower was screwing me up.

Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone comments.

Rick
Well I hope it helped ya understand Rickesco but now I think I'm confused :confused:;)
tip jar.png

just kidding.jpg
;);)

Reactions: Cyclone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl