Loosening up tight fit battery's

Reaction score
I've heard of people using some kind of plastic friendly grease or something, But I don't have any of it. Is petroleum jelly safe to use? Will it damage the battery's? I won't plaster the battery's in it, I will only put a micro amount just enough to make it easier to get out, but not too much that it will fall out in flight.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Spray a very small amount of WD40 on a paper towel and wipe the battery sides. I used this on my P2V+ and P3 pro.

I've heard of people using some kind of plastic friendly grease or something, But I don't have any of it. Is petroleum jelly safe to use? Will it damage the battery's? I won't plaster the battery's in it, I will only put a micro amount just enough to make it easier to get out, but not too much that it will fall out in flight.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

don't loosen or lube, don't want it to vibrate loose or out.
time and use will do that
to remove just do this

good luck and have fun flying

When my P3S was new, it was so frustrating trying to remove the battery from the battery case because of extreme tightness. As time wore on it gradually became easier.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

DON'T is the simple answer. Unfortunately, you can't be assured that your attemp to make it slightly easier to insert the battery, ends up over doing it and it becomes loose.
I have one battery that's difficult to lock into place, so what I do is grip the AC across the centre with my left hand, left to right, then push the battery in as far as you can with your right hand. Then, using your palm, push gently against the front of the battery until it clicks into place. Simple.

When my P3S was new, my initial difficulty was removing the batteries. I did not encounter issues with installing batteries . I am pleased to report all is well at this time. "Phantoms are forever"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A very small smear of silicon grease in the battery grove that runs along the sides will help a lot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik