Loose Prop Quick release

Reaction score
One of my regular checks, well every 10 flights or so, is a thorough good inspection of my craft.
Today after a long mission flight a check revealed that there was some movement between the quick release plate, and one of the motors, there are 3 hex screws, and they were slightly loose, I also re checked all the other motors.
One to watch out for, I am sure we all do this anyway, but this is the first time I have found a problem after perhaps 140 flights.

One of my regular checks, well every 10 flights or so, is a thorough good inspection of my craft.
Today after a long mission flight a check revealed that there was some movement between the quick release plate, and one of the motors, there are 3 hex screws, and they were slightly loose, I also re checked all the other motors.
One to watch out for, I am sure we all do this anyway, but this is the first time I have found a problem after perhaps 140 flights.
That's a good tip. Had you ever torqued those screws before you found they were loose?

That's a good tip. Had you ever torqued those screws before you found they were loose?
No, but my manual twist check had never detected any slackness. I check by holding the body of the motor with one hand and twisting the quick release with the other.
There are 2 things I am a bit paranoid about, and both can be fatal in flight. I always double check the battery is secure, and that the props are securely attached.
Happy flying.

My mounts never got lose from factory to over 3,000,000 feet. I marked them with a line from the screw head to the clip with a fine permanent marker in order to detect any rotation of the screw, no problems yet. If after re-torquing they loosen again I would put a drop of removable locktite on the cleaned threads, don't over-tighten.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20