loose battery

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, i'm a long time lurker, and finally received my pro plus today so would appreciate your advice. The battery has vertical play, as you can see in the vid, and while the clips hold it in, i'm worried that it might fall out! Should i just go with it and maybe tape it for peace of mind, or swap it assuming a housing defect, after all, you don't spend nearly £2000 to have a faulty unit! I have a phantom 4 pro and a phantom 4 battery and they're both the same.

I have the same play in the batteries for my new P4P. The P4 battery actually fits a little tighter than the P4P battery, but some play in both.

Mines is the same. I talked to Dji on there live chat and sent them a video and they said right way it was a faulty battery compartment and to send it back to the seller for a replacement.

Ha. My two batteries fit super tight, and are almost impossible to get out. With use they are getting better. I must have your battery. Seriously, what it tells me is that the mold either for the compartment or the battery is not perfect. If you don't want to return the UAV, then your only choice is to layer some tape over the two groves on the top of the battery.

That's very tempting, using tape, but at the end of the day if it falls out of the sky it could do major damage to someone/something. Got to be sensible about this. How it got through quality control though is anyone's guess, and it's a pretty sad state of affairs how I expected there to be a problem as I've seen so many on the forums. I expect there will be a fault with the next one too :/ I've been waiting years for a drone, I've finally got one and it's sat on the kitchen table lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was going to sell both of my P3Ps but fortunately only sold one. I'm really not comfortable flying a bird with loose batteries so I guess this will have to go back. Very frustrating.

I contacted the seller (today, on Sunday!) and they agreed to replace the P4P and sent me an RMA label. Thank you Pixel Hub. Great customer service.

I contacted the seller (today, on Sunday!) and they agreed to replace the P4P and sent me an RMA label. Thank you Pixel Hub. Great customer service.
They say there's nothing wrong with the Phantom so they won't replace it, but they are giving me a full refund and I will have to re-purchase...

Edit: Now I have a tracking number? I'll update when I receive the package on Thursday.

Last edited:
Hi recsaysausaged how it went with the new p4p+ concerning to the battery issue? Was it different? Or still with some movement.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hi mate, no problems so far, about 20 flights, still a little loose on both batteries, one more so than the other, but I check it's securely in every flight and it's ok :) I also had a problem with the gimbal not pointing straight but that's ok now too

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic