Loose Allen Bolts

Reaction score
Now I dont want to start a wave of people stripping their motor threads, but just saying...

I fitted an IOSD mini to my P2 this week and when I fastened the arm bolts and screws to the lid, I decided (for some reason) to nip up the motor bolts too. I was surprised to see that there was a good 1/8 of a turn available on each one. That is a bit odd since they are probably locktited.

P2 is a month old and done about 15 trips.

Part of the periodic maintenance recommended is to check bolt tightness, especially around the motors.
I check them every 5 flights or so.

Yep, its been mentioned before. It would take looong for them to loosen enough to cause problems, but two minutes of checking them is worth it considering what could go wrong. I go over all of the screws every 5-10 flights.
I think someone here wrote about losing a motor screw without crashing or anything, and I have noticed that some screws have little to no loctite on them.

Narrator said:
Part of the periodic maintenance recommended is to check bolt tightness, especially around the motors.
I have not come across any DJI periodic maintenance document for P2. Did I miss it ?
Could you post a link ?
Thanks.

Hughie said:
Narrator said:
I have not come across any DJI periodic maintenance document for P2. Did I miss it ?
Could you post a link ?
Thanks.
Sorry.. I thought it was in the DJI manual. It's not, but should be.
I found it in this Summary Guide which is often recommended here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0

Page 45, but the whole document is a gold mine of useful info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic