Looping with Phantom 2 (Help)

Reaction score
Hello, im kinda new to this and been searching the
Web for help but can't seem to find anything.
Anyway, my question is simple, can anyone describe
How i can perform a loop/barrel roll with my phantom 2?

Thanks.

put it into full manual mode.

if you figure out what you're doing, that's where you'll be able to do your loops and rolls from. WARNING: if you don't know exactly what you're doing you WILL CRASH and you may completely and utterly render your craft to the bin.

Bmews

Smiguene said:

Thanks.
Have you flown any other quad in manual or agility mode? Believe me without stabilization of ANY kind it is NOT easy.
Manual mode needs to e software enabled before you can use it, for good reason.
I keep trying manual when I'm flying fairly high and every time I've needed to save it by going to gps. i'm talking level flight not a barrel roll. If you don't have I'd suggest a small indoor like the blade nano QX and see if you can manage it in agility mode. Much cheaper when you crash.

My $.02

I want to see the crash video. Funny though, most newbies are afraid to fly it and you want to loop it. :roll:

discv said:
Smiguene said:
And by full manual you mean-turn the left lever OFF i guess?

This is NOT looking good ;)

seriously. OP has a 2 post count and we're talking to him about full manual and barrel rolls?

please definitely post the video of your crash so I can laugh at it :)

discv said:
Smiguene said:
And by full manual you mean-turn the left lever OFF i guess?

This is NOT looking good ;)

thumbs.png

Wow I've been waiting 6 months to see who was gonna ask this question. The phantom is not a stunt copter, there are much more suitable birds out there but it will take a long while to master barrel rolls. IF YOU TRY THIS YOU WILL CRASH!!!
I have seen on youtube someone preform a barrel rol
(Sort of) but he lost huge amount of height and only just got control by flicking back to gps mode. Look the phantom vision is a flying camera, no more no less. Dont do it, but like everyone here the sadistic side of me is hoping you do, make sure to have as many people filming it from the ground so we can get as many viewing angles as possible, maybe make a montage video of all the angles of the smash with some topgun music to top it off :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
there are much more suitable birds out there

The Ares quad fleet (Ethos QX70 and QX130) have 1 button flip modes (push the button, push the stick in a given direction, and the copter flips 360 degrees).
When I need to get my stunt jollies, that's what I fly. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper to crash than the Phantom. Heck... you could buy both for the price of a Phantom battery ;-)

I think it's somewhere in the Naza software to make S1 and S2 switches do flips and rolls. :lol:

Smiguene said:

Thanks.

From all of us here........PLEASE record the event and post the link once done

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4