Looks like DJI will have some competition! Xiaomi mi drone

Screen layout on the iPad (phone) looks interesting. Would have to see about that claimed 27 minutes flight. If I follow the "Chinese" way of measuring drone flying time, should be about 18 minutes :tearsofjoy:.
Price seems extremely low, but hey, I still remember looking at the big brick cell phones for lots of cash on the early days. Quality issues? will have to wait and see.
any competition is good, makes the other brands wake up every day and strive for something better for us, consumers.
Nice things coming for us the next months!!

" It has a 3-axis stabilization gimbal and weighs just 140 grams."

What weighs 140 grams, the aircraft, the gimbal? my Phantom 4 battery weighs 459 grams.

i'm sure dji will sue them for selling something with 4 props

lol the power on sound even sounds like the DJIs.
unless they have a licensing deal or something, they are for sure getting a lawsuit.

the more i watch this video the more i see DJI stuff.. they have to have some type of resale secondary market license with DJI

Last edited:
lol this is bad *** with folding landing gear this will easily slip into backpacks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
I will definitely wait until there are reviews. I would love to get the 4k one for under $500 US. But sometimes, if it's too good to be true, well, it isn't true. I wouldn't jump into it just yet until I read the reviews. That being said, people all over the world seem to LOVE their Xiaomi Yi action cameras (like Gopros). They supposedly are the 2nd best sports cameras to the Gopros, and cost about 1/4 the price, so maybe these drones will be the same quality as the budget sports cameras.

drone is unboxed at the 36min mark if anyone is wondering...

yeah would like to know the max speed and altitude as well

They have very good products for almost their production cost. I am very exited about this.

Don't get too excited yet. This is just a dream of a drone.
Xiaomi don't have any to sell and they haven't even started a beta test program
All they have done is launched the concept.
The drone world is full of undelivered concept drones and crowdfunded projects.
Xiaomi tells us that the cheaper model will be “crowdfunded” inside the company’s Mi Home app from 26 May 2016, while the 4K drone will be made available for early testing via an open beta program at the end of July. There’s no word on when (or whether) it will be sold outside of China.

The company said it would start testing the product via an "open beta programme" involving the public in July, but has not said when the final product will go on sale, or whether it will be offered outside of China.

Reactions: Maverick81
I fly with a Xiaomi tablet. They make some amazing tech at great prices. Xiaomi is also very good about listening to their customer base and responding quickly with new product generations

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I fly with a Xiaomi tablet. They make some amazing tech at great prices. Xiaomi is also very good about listening to their customer base and responding quickly with new product generations

This makes me feel good about their drone then. I know their sports cameras are great, now hearing their tablets are good. Logic states then that their drone will probably be very good. Looking forward to seeing the reviews in late 2016 early 2017. Will definitely jump on the 4k if it reviews well. Not just a 4k, but Glonass, decent distance in flying, waypoints, point of interest, etc. If it's true, and the drone delivers on it's promises,it would be my pleasure paying $450 for the 4k.

Reactions: Maverick81

Hey just curious with their tablets can you change the language from Chinese to English? I heard some of their products it was hard to get with everything in english and had to root it in order to get the english characters installed onto it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20