Looking for stock antennas.

Reaction score
My hardshell backpack case broke my antenna at the base.I thought about super glueing it.... but i don't think it will be able to rotate once glued... anyone have any suggestions? Or Potentially a stock antenna available?

super glue it, otherwise nothing you can do besides opening the controller and running all new cables and at that point you might as well get a new antenna thats better

No idea what the stock antenna costs, but I have (2) that I removed once I upgraded my remote if you want to look up how much and we can work something out? Will ship from TX...

What's the most affordable upgrade?

Personally, if I was you right this second not wanting to spend money, buy JUST the clean install kit at MaxxUAV, its like 28 or 30 bucks, it will allow you to have two connectors where your antenna's are now, then you can just screw on what you want, you could buy stock antenna's on Amazon for like 10 bucks, screw them on! Boom!

when you can, buy for like 100 bucks a decent Antenna like the ITELITE , or the bigger brother which is what I have the MAxxantenna.

so many options open up, bottom line it would make no sense to open the controller just to plug in a stock antenna again, you basically are right there already to install the clean install kit

Depends. I run r-sma connectors out on several controllers and use generic 2.4 GHz screw on antennas (as well as a panel). The combo is nice, more flexible than stock but. The generic antennas are not as powerful as the stock ones, they are more omnidirectional- that could be a feature or a bug.

The generics are bigger and the connectors aren't especially robust.

It certainly is an option but you should look at the specifics of what you want to do.

true, I have some small 6dbi antenna's more omni but still get some good distance from it. I could get those flapper type of antenna's, many say it even goes further then stock. just so many options when you have that.

true, I have some small 6dbi antenna's more omni but still get some good distance from it. I could get those flapper type of antenna's, many say it even goes further then stock. just so many options when you have that.
The panels definitely do give you more range - at the expense of the directionality. I do like my modded RC with the r-SMA connectors since it allows me to 'mix and match'. One upcoming project is to put those connectors on the stock antennas so I can more or less have it all. From little 3 dB omnis that fold up smaller than stock to 12 dB flat panels for maximum range.

Just don't show it to the FCC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers