Looking for plastic tablet holder piece

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Does anyone have the plastic arm that mounts to the Adv/Pro controller that they can sell me? I am not looking for the upper tablet clamp part, just the white plastic arm piece. I know about the aluminum one for the Inspire 1 but I am looking for the white plastic one.

Thanks!

10a24aa688e752e39c792767582c6a4b.jpg

Is there a reason you don't want an aluminum one? Also, there are plenty copy-cat 3rd party mounts on eBay.

I want to drill it and figured the plastic one would be cheaper than the aluminum one.

The aluminum ones are pretty cheap, Ill be comparable to plastic. Aluminum will drill easily too. What are you doing with it? :)

Nothing special haha, I want to drill the hole straight through that the threaded pin goes into to use as a drill template for a P3 Standard controller. I want to get the hole for the threaded insert lined up perfectly.

I have done my P3S controller. I measured the location. If you open it up and remove the plugs so you can separate the halves. You will see a small slot in the plastic in the center. When I drilled it went smack dead through that slot. I used a razor knife to remove the plastic. I also used the threaded nutsert vs. a riv-nut. I recommend the threaded style as it requires only a wrench to install vs. a riv-nut installation tool. The threads are higher on the threaded nut-sert too for ease of installation. There are lots of threads here describing how to do it. Watch those wires when you drill! Getting it centered is important or your tablet will look crooked. ;)

IMG_1784.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1698.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg

Buy me the aluminum one and I'll send you my plastic one !! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So drill dead center in the wire slot like this?

8637808bf4cbfe061ba68fc6d6d51b8e.jpg

I think so .. Just line up the bracket on the other side .. Move the wires away and drill ... You will need to clip that plastic rib so the threaded backing can sit flush if that makes sense

Nothing special haha, I want to drill the hole straight through that the threaded pin goes into to use as a drill template for a P3 Standard controller. I want to get the hole for the threaded insert lined up perfectly.
Do what Luvmetj said. I did with my P3S and it worked out perfectly. The nut comes two to the package. If you want my extra let me know and I will mail it to you.

So drill dead center in the wire slot like this?

8637808bf4cbfe061ba68fc6d6d51b8e.jpg

Pretty much. Look at my pic, you can see it ended up in the middle of that slot. I drilled from the top side, it just happened to be there. I also would recommend you hold the drill tightly as it breaks through as it will try to grab the plastic. Have someone hold it for you.

LuvmyTJ, I want to thank you for your posts. I did convert my RC P3S and love it. Thank you for sharing.
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. :)
It is a great mod!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik