Looking for Phantom Landing Gear Mod

Hi Rick, short answer. Yes good idea, use carbon fiber tube and fix the compass mount with a screw. Legs will snap on hard landings so cut spares and carty them if away from home. I cut my legs to 20cm or 8 inches. Gives good ground clearance for gimbal. Recalibrate your compass often in cas the leg is roraring in the socket or fix it in place with a screw, like the compass plate. The position of the compass plate is very important. Good luck with it, I like my set.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1045215/slim-landing-gear-upgrade-kit.html?li=productBox-search

I just installed this one in my Phantom just today. I finally got the clearance I need for my new Arris cm2000 gimbal. Tired of my stock legs just "flopping" face first to the floor no matter how gentle I put it down.

Just remember that you need to provide your own "legs" but going on eBay you'll find plenty of options. I bought a set of 5 CF tubes that can cut into 3-4 pieces each tube.

Happy flying!

This is the my setup for the custom folding landing gear (SimenSays) with Zenmuse gimbal ...
Read more here

file.php

gardenroute said:
ricklohre said:
A $3000+ gimbal on the Phantom?
Cool but really?
Yeah, basically you hit it, it probably will be the total value of investments

Sorry, thought you had put the Z-15 on there...it's the H3-2D...gotcha.
Sweet looking. Have been impressed with SimenSayz stuff. Just got my static mounts for carbon rods.

HiDroneFlyer said:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1045215/slim-landing-gear-upgrade-kit.html?li=productBox-search

I just installed this one in my Phantom just today. I finally got the clearance I need for my new Arris cm2000 gimbal. Tired of my stock legs just "flopping" face first to the floor no matter how gentle I put it down.

Just remember that you need to provide your own "legs" but going on eBay you'll find plenty of options. I bought a set of 5 CF tubes that can cut into 3-4 pieces each tube.

Happy flying!

How is the safeway landing gear working now for you? durable enough? How is it during video when you fly.... with the gimbal full down?

My Simensays design gear is perfectly functional, passed 7.500 km long trip through the countries of Southern Africa (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia). A folding landing gear is very handy if I can not I just use my Duratool plastic case.
I use settings 1080p/48fps, Medium, in this setting and the camera tilted vertically down the gear legs are not even visible.
Take a look at the video here from Africa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers