Looking for ND Grad Filters for the Phantom 3.

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone found a set of ND soft or Hard Edge Grad filters for the P3. i'm looking to do some more serious photography using the P3 and i'm running into issues with blown out skies or lots of post processing to lift under exposed ground.

Before you reply, i know that there are the polar pro (and taco) filters that a solid ND... they are not what i'm looking for... these are not graduated. Graduated filters look something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/os3cj83

Note that its darker at one end than the other...

I'm so fed up, I'm just about ready to but a set of cokin filters and cut some using a water jet and buy a uv fliter screw on, take out the uv fliter and make some custom filters... but that really sucks and if i ever damage them its a pain in the *** to replace.... surely someone must have created a set of grad filters...

I just ordered the snake river one. I will let you know how I like it once it arrives.
But it sounds like what you want....

Stilgar

Can the P3 gimble take the extra weight without counterbalancing it?

Can the P3 gimble take the extra weight without counterbalancing it?
Counterbalancing is a personal choice. I've been flying with these for weeks without issue or concerns. The force of wind is greater than the filter. Of course manufacturers will put in their typical disclaimers...

I talked with PolarPro and they said they are working on one... Didn't give a time frame

The new design PolarPro filters are awesome!

I talked with PolarPro and they said they are working on one... Didn't give a time frame

Spotted you on the dji forums as well :) thanks for the heads up. I'll drop them a mail and see what their timelines are. If its in the next 3-6 months i'll wait otherwise i'll have a crack at creating the hard edge filters.

I've got a Snake River ND8 CP filter on my P3P, and I'm happy with it. I use PolarPro on my P2 with GoPro Hero4 Black. My only concern is the Snake River filter fits really, really snug. So take your time putting it on and taking it off - otherwise you might damage your gimbal.

Ordered the snake river one too. It weighs 7 grams. Looks like what the doctor ordered!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Interesting... I wonder if it will become part of the $150 filter package or sold independently of any sets.

Interesting... I wonder if it will become part of the $150 filter package or sold independently of any sets.

We will have 3 different grad filters to start, this will be a small test order, sold as a 3-Pack.
We will be taking feedback and suggestions on what people like/dislike, then solidify a final set.

Launch Set will Be: ND8, Orange/Tobacco, and a Blue.

Timeline: 2-3 weeks from today

Price: Still nailing this down but should be in the $49-$59 range.

Jeff

Reactions: Khador
Just an FYI. I put on the SRP filter and I do NOT get gimbal overload errors at all. In fact, it's strange because I use to get them once in awhile before even though they didn't affect my video at all.

Just an FYI. I put on the SRP filter and I do NOT get gimbal overload errors at all. In fact, it's strange because I use to get them once in awhile before even though they didn't affect my video at all.

How do you like it? I just ordered the gnd 16/8 from srp. curious what current owners are saying. im on the P3P. thx!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic